Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Origins Ginger Gloss Smoothing Body Oil


Review

For the past few months I've been wanting to try one of Origins' Ginger fragranced product. A friend on MUA keeps raving about the smell and mentioned recently that it was her signature scent. Yesterday I finally had the opportunity to sample it and, well, fell in love! Who would not? Tangy ginger, lemon, lime and bergamot make this a very uplifting fragrance.



From Origins Bath & Body Ginger webpage 



My intention from the get go, if I liked the fragrance of course, was to get the body oil.  In a previous post I've mentioned how a well formulated one can replace any eau de toilette or eau de parfum. They are more subtle but just as noticeable. I tried the oil on my arm and it was divine! 



Origins Ginger Gloss 

Smoothing body oil

$23.50 at The Bay


I am so disappointed!

It was very happy this morning, to pick up my bottle and put it on. I applied it on my décolleté, arms and legs, as I would with any other scented body oils. Contrary to Nuxe or Liérac, Origins' fragrance lasts barely 30 to 40 minutes! It's key ingredient is jojoba oil which is very emollient and tends to be not too greasy. It does leave a nice sheen on skin but for that price, honestly, I might as well go out and get plain jojoba oil since, again, the Ginger fragrance doesn't last. Lastly, it doesn't live up to it's name, Soothing body oil. It moisturizes lightly but doesn't really have a fresh feel to it. In other words, it's a very simple, plain oil.

I will revisit the Origins counter, only when I do, I'll either get the Ginger Souffle or go for the Ginger Essence. I want to make sure I can take advantage of this lovely aroma for more than 40 minutes.

Origins official website
The Bay

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...