Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Avène Body Lotion with Cold Cream / Review

One Christmas I received as a gift, Clinique's Deep Comfort Body Butter with the Deep Comfort Hand and Cuticle Cream.

That particular winter was so cold my skin was paying the price by being super extra dry. This Dynamic Duo practically saved it. I was using Nivea Extra Nourishing Body Milk, but mainly in the morning. I don't like heavy fragrances at night before bed and although I do love how it smells, Nivea was a bit much. Looking online at reviews I zoomed on Clinique and so wrote both the Body Butter and Hand cream on my Christmas list.

Yes, I do write a Christmas wish list, every year. I just have to, otherwise I may end up getting a rechargeable hand drill or worse, a frying pan!!! Well, one year I did get a rechargeable screwdriver but that "was" on my list! Very useful, every woman should have one, I kid you not!

Back to body stuff

So, I just loved these Clinique products. Deep moisture and no fragrance, they where perfect! Why didn't I repurchased? Well, laziness! I was running out of both and just happened to be at the drugstore. Seeing Avène products on a shelf I figured, why not? It will save me a trip to the Mall.


I'm glad I decided to try them. I bought both the body lotion and the hand cream from the Cold Cream line. They've become favorites for the past year and a half.

Formulated for dry and very dry sensitive skin some of it's main ingredients are safflower seed oil, mineral oil, coconut oil and sesame seed oil. The texture is thick and smooth and it penetrates quickly. Using it every night, I rarely have to use a different foot cream. The fragrance is mild and fades rather quickly leaving just a soft clean scent. I love the fact that it comes with a pump for this makes it super convenient. Clinique's comes in a jar and so I had to use a spatula to scoop out what I needed.

Avène's body lotion leaves the same deeply moisturized feel on me as Clinique's with the bonus of being almost half price.

Avène Cold Cream Body Lotion
400 ml, $34.00

My first post ever was about hand creams and back then I did have a look Avène's Cold cream Hand cream. On that list it was my third choice. Now, it's my second. For daytime I now use Caudalie's because it sinks in faster and for the polyphenols (anti-oxidants). Avène's takes a little longer to penetrate and feels a  more greasy so it's a great choice for nightime.


Avène Cold Cream Hand Cream
75 ml, $17.00

Reviews of the body lotion:

MakeupAlley, it gets a 3.9/6 lippies for only 9 reviews. Seems it's not that well known south of the border.
Beauté-test, 4.5/5 stars for 213 reviews

Reviews of the hand cream:

MakeupAlley, 4.4/5 lippies for 37 reviews
Beauté-test, 4.5/5 stars for 426 reviews

Body lotion ingredients (Avène website)
AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL (CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS SEED OIL). MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM). COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL (COCOS NUCIFERA OIL). CYCLOMETHICONE. SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL (SESAMUM INDICUM SEED OIL). SORBITAN STEARATE. C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS. GLYCERYL STEARATE. PEG-100 STEARATE. ALLANTOIN. BEESWAX (CERA ALBA). CETYL ALCOHOL. CITRIC ACID. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). METHYLPARABEN. PHENOXYETHANOL. PROPYLPARABEN. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. SODIUM POLYACRYLATE. TETRASODIUM EDTA. TOCOPHEROL. WATER (AQUA).

Hand cream ingredients (Avène website)
AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). GLYCERIN. CETEARYL ALCOHOL. GLYCERYL LAURATE. MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM). CETYL ALCOHOL. ALUMINUM SUCROSE OCTASULFATE. BEESWAX (CERA ALBA). BHT. DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE. DISODIUM PHOSPHATE. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). GLYCERYL STEARATE. METHYLPARABEN. PARAFFIN. PHENOXYETHANOL. PROPYLPARABEN. SODIUM CETEARYL SULFATE. SODIUM HYDROXIDE.

Clinique Deep Comfort duo remains an outstanding choice in my opinion, especially if one is looking for unscented options.

Comfort Hand Cream and Cuticle Cream, 75 ml, $25.00
Deep Comfort Body Butter, 200 ml, $34.00

Reviews for the body butter:

MakeupAlley, 4.2/5 lippies for 129 reviews
Beauté-test, 4.5/5 stars for 36 reviews

Reviews for the hand cream:

MakeupAlley, 4.5/5 lippies for 8 reviews
Beauté-test, 4/5 stars for only 3 reviews

Body butter ingredients (Beauté-test)
Aqua, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), glycerin, octyldodecyl myristate, cetearyl alcohol, butylene glycol,cyclopentasiloxane, myristyl myristate, cetyl alcohol, catyl esters, isostearyl neopentanoate, polymethyl methacrylate, cetearyl glucosise, sodium hyaluronate, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, methyl glucose sesquistearate, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, stearic acid, aminomethyl propanol, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, methyldihydrojasmonate, methyl phenylbutanol, ethyl 2,2-dimethylhydrocinnamal, xanthan gum, disodium edta, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, yellow 5 (ci 19140), yellow 6 (ci 15985)

Hand cream ingredients, where not available.

Still, for me, considering the Avène fragrance is not an issue and that I get the same deep moisture, I'd rather go for the less expensive products.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...