Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Dior Essentials Manucure Set

Now this is definitely going on my Christmas wish list! Yes I do write one. Remember I mentioned in a previous entry, I don't want to end up with a power drill or, God forbid, a new frying pan, as high quality as it may be. Christmas is for fun, for a bit of luxury! Also, I do "need" to renew these!

Dior Essentials Manucure Set 
$62.00 at The Bay

The set includes Dior's essentials for a perfect manicure. Full size Crème Abricot Fortifying nail cream (0.35oz), deluxe sizes of Pelline cuticle emollient, Base Coat and Top Coat, an orange wood stick and a nail file. All this presented in a elegant little patent travel bag.

If you've never tried these before, the Crème Abricot is quite simply dreamy one of my all time favorites. I use at night and as surprising as it may sound, it can also be used as a lip balm. I know, weird but it does work nicely. This product lasts a long time so don't worry if the color changes a little. It tends to get darker but retains all it's moisturizing properties.

The Pelline is a soapy liquid that softens cuticles and makes it easier to gently remove dryish bits. It doesn't feel like a classic cuticle remover, it's much gentler.

The top & base coats, well, they are of excellent quality. Both like the Pelline, are a little smaller than the regular sizes, 0.24oz instead of 0.33oz but still a good deal.

The little cosmetic bag, black patent finish, perfect!

Update: I thought it would be fun to include a vintage classic and elegant add from 1962



René Gruau for Dior

Vous pouvez lire cet article en français ici.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...