Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

EOS the "In" lip balm of the moment / Review

It would seem that last week I became a "cool mom" without knowing! I purchased an eos lip balm for my daughter and apparently almost all the girls have one. Now that's a lot, considering that she goes to an all girls school.

Evolution of Smooth is what "eos" stands for. This brand which is new to me, makes lip balms, hand lotions, body lotions and shaving creams. Their lip products are the most known probably because of the egg shaped container. Made of a rubber like durable plastic with a twist-off top, it's easy to hold and easy to find if it falls on the floor. This is a good thing considering all the lip balms my daughter has lost over the years.
The one I got for her is the honeysuckle/honeydew flavor in the light green container. I picked it up for $2.99 (on special) at my local drugstore. In fact, most brands of lip balms are on special at the moment which is not surprising considering the weather is getting colder. Gotta love Canada!

It smells amazing!

Does it moisturize? Apparently not that much. Since last Thursday when I gave it to her, it's almost always in her hand and she keeps reapplying it. It seems that the taste as well as the moisture don't last very long.

Does she care about this? I think not. She loves the container and since she's one of only a few who has the green one she thinks it's pretty cool. She has more than a few lip balms. Caudalie, Avène, Nuxe, Kariderm, a ton of Avon's as well as almost all the Nivea's available. She doesn't care about those, this little egg is it..... for the moment at least.

If you want to be cool too and have a Costco membership, they have a set of 4 for under $10.00 at the moment. I plan to get her one next time I go. Since I took her to see Twilight's last installment, Breaking Dawn Part 2 yesterday, it may at least give me even more "extra cool" points!


Reviews:
MakeupAlley, 3.5 / 5 lippies for 316 reviews
Beauté-test, there are no reviews yet for this product.

Ingredients from eos
Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (Cire D'abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Cucumis Melo (Honeydew Melon) Seed Extract*, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract*, Limonene, Linalool. * Organic. Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth.

4 comments:

  1. I have this is Strawberry and I agree with you. It's not very moisturizing but I still like it a lot for its delicious scent and cute packaging. I'm not sure I'd purchase it again though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gio, I'm quite sure the packaging is what makes them so popular, it is adorable.

      Delete
  2. LOVE these for lipstick primer! I wouldn't pick one up in hope that it would heal chapped lips, however, it does work well to seal in an emollient eye cream applied to chapped lips. Pomegranate Raspberry and Summer Berry are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...