Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bourjois' Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation / Review

When it comes to foundation I'm not a big spender. The reason? I rarely wear any.

Years ago, when I used to work in cosmetics, it was part of my morning ritual. Winter, Summer, I always had foundation on, even on those hot and humid days of summer. Yuck! Blotting papers, powders.... I sometimes wonder today why did I put myself through that? I had oily skin! On top of that, I didn't have too many hyperpigmentation spots or sun spots. I've always avoided the sun and acne was petty much under control. So why? It was the thing to do. All the girls working for cosmetics companies did and still do. You do have to sell the stuff so you have to make sure your skin looks as flawless as possible and foundation is what enables you to achieve that perfect neutral canvass that will welcome colors.

So, since I only wear foundation once or twice a month in average, if at all, I don't see any justification in spending $40+ for one. It will turn before I get to use half of it. On my search for a good little foundation I noticed that Bourjois' Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation was mentioned often on MUA's Makeup Board and the review where very positive.

Bourjois' claims

  • Instant revitalizing effect, refreshing and light sensation from radiance boosting shades. 
  • 8 hours of moisture, lets skin breathe.
  • 3 "super fruits" at the heart of it's formula, lychee, goji and pomegranate for strong anti-oxidant and skin enhancing effect. In other words, good for your skin.
  • Better looking skin in 4 weeks of use.



How I use it

I'm very fair so the shade I use is no 51, Light Vanilla. It's a light gel formula that goes on smoothly with which you can achieve light to medium coverage. To make it disappear I have to use a brush. The one I use at the moment is a simple blush brush from Quo. Not the best quality, I purchased it for blush application but it barely picked up any powder so I decided to give it another task. Once my foundation is applied, I use it's tip to erase streaks and little spots. A light dusting of loose powder over it and I'm done. I have combination skin and this foundation does well for both my dryish and more oily areas. If you're very oily this may not be for you. I've worn it in Summer on hot days and after 4 hours or so, it was pretty much gone from my nose area.

This foundation receives a lot of love. Does it improve skin's texture? If you use it and have seen any difference I would love to know since I don't wear it often enough myself to notice.

Do I recommend it? Yes.

  • Light,
  • Easy to apply 
  • Convenient pump
  • Stays put for a good 8 hours on normal skin. If you have very oily skin you may want to pass on it.
  • Under $25.00


Reviews:

MakeupAlley: 4.2 / 5 lippies for 148 reviews
Beauté-test: 4 / 5 stars for 190 reviews

INGREDIENTS from Bourjois website
Aqua (Water) • Dimethicone • Cyclopentasiloxane• PEG-10 Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Aluminum StarchOctenylsuccinate • Phenoxyethanol • Sodium Chloride •Disteardimonium Hectorite • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate •Dimethicone Crosspolymer • Tocopheryl Acetate • Glycerin • AlcoholDenat. • Parfum (Fragrance) • Panthenol • Aluminum Hydroxide• Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract • Silica • Lycium Barbarum FruitExtract • Pantolactone • Punica Granatum Extract • PotassiumSorbate • Sorbic Acid [+/- (May Contain) : CI 77007 (Ultramarines)• CI 77019 (Mica) • CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)• CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)] 10BMT001-1

2 comments:

  1. Based on your review you've made to WANT this fndt! I've found a place to order it from in the States..now I'm trying to narrow down what shade to order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lynn, do you have Shoppers Drug Mart in you area? You could call around because I know some have it. In Qc it's at Pharmaprix. You've also made me realise I completely forgot to include the shade I use. I'm very fair & so for me it's no 51, Light Vanilla. :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...