Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

L'Oréal Infallible Lacker Liner 24h in Dark Slate 175 / Review

Again, in my quest for THE eyeliner, I decided to try L'Oréal's latest based on Linda's recommendation. She left a comment on my Maybelline review, stating that it was pretty amazing.

So, last night at the drugstore I found it in Dark Slate 175. A dark charcoal grey, no shimmer...

Perfect!!!

The gel texture is soft and very easy to apply. I tried the brush that comes with it but found it a little too stiff. I preferred using my own slanted brush. At first it reminded me of Clinique's liner in Smoke Grey meaning, it's not a perfect line on the first stroke but that's where the similarities ended.

What a surprise, contrary to Clinique, it's not dry, it glides easily and is buildable. It doesn't dry right away so you do have time to perfect the line. You can even smudge it which is nice to do once in a while.

If you've never used a gel eyeliner before this is a great one to start with. Not as harsh as black, this shade is quite forgiving and so easy to work with.


It stayed perfect for a good 3 hours!!! For me that's quite amazing believe me. Do note that during that time I had to do some shoveling (again...) and the snow was coming down pretty hard. Since the color is so forgiving, it's easy to reapply if need be.

Do I recommend L'Oréal Infallible Lacker Liner? A big resounding YES!

It's still not THE perfect liner but it's pretty close. If you don't have deep set eyes, no droopiness, this liner will surprise you believe me. The regular price is I around $16.00 and it's worth every penny. I was lucky to find it at $12.00 on sale. In Canada it's available in Blackest Black and Dark Slate.

Did I tell you it had NO SHIMMER! Yay! *does a little dance* :D

Reviews:

MakeupAlley: 5 / 5 lippies for 7 reviews for Dark Slate. They are also outstanding for Blackest Black.
There are no reviews for this product on Beauté-test.

Screan capture from L'Oréal Paris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...