Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

M.A.C. Select Moisturecover Concealer / Review

After using Estée Lauder's Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer for a while I noticed my eye area was becoming dryer. The finish wasn't what I was looking for meaning it was starting to look cakey, making lines more noticeable. I had to find another!

I chose M.A.C.'s Select Moisturecover. The shade, NW15. Light, is brought some illumination to the area which was exactly what I was looking for.



How did it perform?

On application I noticed right away the texture was much lighter than Estée Lauder's and so it didn't cover as well. Now I don't have dark circles, I just want a little illumination, make the area more smooth looking. Even with the use of loose powder to set it, a few hours later it was all gone!

Grrrr!

It didn't dry my eye area but it didn't stay on either. So disappointing.

Would I recommend it? No!

The color was perfect but it has no staying power. If you live in a humid place or have an oily eye area you better skip this one. Who could use it successfully? Maybe someone with super dry eyes. If you have dark circles I don't think this concealer will do much as far as hiding them either.


Reviews:

MakeupAlley: 3.8 / 5 for 505 reviews.
Beauté-test: 4 / 5 stars for 137 reviews.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...