Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dry Winter Skin? Start With A Gentle Cleanser.

Winter can be brutal and we all know that moisturizing is the key to soft skin but sometimes it seems we have to constantly reapply to get the results we want. Have you thought about the cleanser you use in the shower? Believe me, in Winter, your watermelon shower gel or you're husband's Irish Spring just won't do. If you don't want your skin to feel like itchy sand paper you may want to start with a gentler body cleanser.


Here are a few suggestion you may want to consider. These options are gentle, non stripping and will definitely help make your moisturizer of choice more effective.


Body cleansers I like...

Dove Beauty Bar 
Review here.

Avène Cold Cream Ultra Rich Cleansing Bar 
More expensive than the Dove Beauty Bar this cleansing bar is amazingly rich and non stripping. Had it not been for the fact that I received one as a gift I probably would have overlooked it. Using this was the reason I gave Dove a try after so many years or using shower gels. As with Dove, if you don't have any particular skin issue, you can use it on your face as well. This is a great option for travel since it's in solid form. I think it sells for about $12.00.

Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash
Creamy, with or without fragrance and not drying. Very affordable and at under $10.00 it's worth a try.

The Body Shop Creamy Cleansers
They have several options my favorites, Cocoa butter and Coconut. I love the smell of both. A little trick if you purchase one, unscrew to top completely to get the product out. It's much easier than trying to press the cleanser out through the tiny hole in the cap. Review of Cocoa Butter cleanser and moisturizer here.

A-Derma Sensifluid Extra-Rich Foaming Gel
This is a beautiful skin care line for anyone with sensitive skin. Not well known but available in drugstores. I'm now wondering why I haven't reviewed this before. It's a lovely soap-free formula good for anyone intolerant to soap. It does have a light scent if fragrance is an issue.

These are the ones I've tried and liked the most but of course if you have a brand of choice, a product that you're already using with good results, keep using. I know they can be quite tempting but try to avoid over fragranced cleansers. I find them to be harsh in general. Once or twice a week is fine but for everyday they tend to be drying after a while for me anyway.

Picture credit: All Along the Injured Coast
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...