Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Marcelle Pressed Powder in Translucent Medium / Review

Such a pleasant surprise!

Not long ago I bought a Marcelle Velvety Powder Blush in Dust thinking it was more pink than my favorite every day color, Bourjois' Fard Pastel Joues in Rose Ambrée. As it turned out both are quite similar and so I decided to exchange it for loose powder.



It comes in two shades, Translucent and Translucent Medium but they only had the former and it was too light for me. I do have a light complexion and tried it on my hands but I could see it would have been a little too whitish for my cheeks where I have some redness. I settled for the Pressed Powder in Translucent Medium and I'm very glad I did.


The color is perfect! Light enough for my complexion but not so much so that my cheeks look weird. It's the perfect base for bronzer and blush, which I wear everyday. I apply it with a big powder brush, just like I would a loose powder. It's light and I must say that I was extremely pleased with the delicate texture it has. I can use a little to get rid of the shine left on by my morning moisturizer, or, use more to even out my skin tone. I haven't tried it yet over foundation but I know it will do fine. 

The compact is quite sturdy and I'm glad to have mentioned it in my Beautiful Compacts entry because it is I believe, the nicest one you can get at the drugstore. Compared to other brands, it doesn't have the little see through window which I find makes them look less attractive, less "compact like". Although I'm sure others make good powders, they don't have a presentation as elegant as that of Marcelle.

Do I recommend Marcelle Pressed Powder? Yes!

You don't need to be on a tight budget to appreciate this product. It has, as I've said, a lovely texture and produces a nice even matte finish. Truly good quality and at $14.95 it's a steel!

It just might replace my long time favorite which I've repurchased several time, Clinique's Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder for almost half of it's current $27.00 price. You can read my review here. I believe that the only thing Clinique has on Marcelle is the sponge applicator which I find works better than Marcelle's. Theirs is on the thin side and I don't care much for it but I keep it since it is useful for quick touch ups.

Finally... 

Had it not been for Rae from The Notice, who has reviewed several of Marcelle's products, including an excellent review of their loose powder, I probably would have overlooked this excellent product. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...