Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Notable Reads of the Week vol. 6

What I discovered this week...

This is in a way a "note to self" so I won't forget.

When something gets lost you have to go look for it yourself!

Now of course I've know that all along but this week I almost hit a wall. The hospital wall!

For the past few months my husband has been sick (we are more than hopeful for a good outcome) and right from the start I've had to to hit the pavement to get the care he needs, the doctors appointments. We had been left with a bunch of little green notes saying this clinic will get in touch, this doctor's office will call you to schedule an appointment... Yeah right! I've had to go myself to the different hospital clinics to get these needed appointments. Had we waited, I feel we would still be waiting. He is now getting the care he needs, the follow up he needs.

This week I was blown away by the fact that the hospital lost his medical file. What??? How can this be?

Wednesday I spent 3 hours at the hospital going from one department to the other in search of the elusive file. I got the run around, ended up in the basement. For a moment there I was afraid I would end up in front of the hospital morgue! I'm sure I went places most employees have never been to.

In the end, I went back to the department where I had started my quest, where I had last seen the file. Sat in front of a lady and nicely said "I am not leaving until I see and touch my husband's medical file, not until it is forwarded to the doctor who needs it to fill out super important papers!"

Low and behold, I don't know what kind of game they played behind my back but 30 minutes later, I had the file!!!

So, when you want something, really really want something, put on your nice imaginary kid gloves, the ones that go up to your elbow and go after it! Now don't forget, make sure they fit nicely on your hands so that people can imagine your pointy nails underneath!


What cought my attention this week...

Timeline of a Tan
By Women's Health, see why it's important to wear a good stable sunscreen or at least avoid the sun as much as possible.

A Close Look at My Small Collection of Highlighters
By The Unknown Beauty Blog. This one really made me smile. I counted 18 highlighters! Now that's what I call a collection! Like I commented, I used to like Blanc de Chanel but these days I'm more into bronzers.

MakeupMedic Cracked Compact Fix-It Kit
By Moxie Reviews. Great idea, it seems to be a great product.

Cult Beauty
By b-insider about products who enjoy a cult like following. Guerlain's Terracotta, Elizabeth Arden's Height Hour Cream have been favorites of mine for years and last year Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey joined the bunch. See the articles to learn more about the 10 staples listed.

New 12/01/2013
By the Notice, a list of what we can look forward to in makeup and skin care. Beautifully presented, I've mentioned Rae's beautiful blog in my Marcelle lipstick review. One of my favorites to visit, do have a look, you will not be disappointed.

Beauty Goals, Targets & Objectives: a Timeline
By Strawberry Blond. Looking good at any age, adjusting and experimenting is the key. Great article!

DIY Homemade Lip Scrub: Remedy for Dry Chapped Lips
By Pretty Gossip. I believe this blog will be a regular stop for me. Lots of nice DIY recipes. The lip scrub mentioned here is very simple to make if you don't like to use plain sugar and oil to exfoliate your lips.

6 Tips For Washing Your Hair
By Beautiful With Brains, pretty basic but do you really know how?


Non beauty related...

January is the loneliest month: Phone stopped ringing? Party invites dried up? Liz Jones knows how it feels - and wonders why today's friendships crumble so quickly
By Liz Jones. This article was tweeted by British Beauty Blog. It brought lots of reactions, just have a look at the number of comments and what they say.


The following was posted by a member on MakeupAlley's Pet Board.

TOP 10 DOG PEEVES ABOUT HUMANS..This one made me laugh +

1. Blaming your smells on me... not funny... not funny at all!
2. Yelling at me for barking ... I'M A FRIGGIN' DOG!
3. Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out. Exactly whose walk is this anyway?
4. Any trick that involves balancing food on my nose ... stop it!
5. Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we chew your stuff up when you're not home.
6. The slight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! Whoooo Hoooooooo -- what a proud moment for the top of the food chain. YOU!
7. Taking me to the vet for the "big snip", then acting surprised when I freak out every time we go back!
8. Getting upset when I sniff at your guests. Sorry, but I haven't quite mastered that handshake thing yet.
9. Dog sweaters. Hello? Haven't you noticed the fur?
10. How you act disgusted when I lick myself. Look, we both know the truth, you're just jealous.

Thank you L for posting these! They made me laugh too!


Finally...

We have been enjoying Spring like weather, Yay! Today was raining so much it probably would have translated into 30 cm had it been snow. I know it's too early but I am starting to dream about these...

Crocus flowers blooming through the melting snow
From 123rf

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you and your husband are having to deal with all of that stress in addition to his health concerns! I'm crossing my fingers that it will get easier for you guys soon <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline, that's so nice of you! These days I feel like mama tiger fighting for her family. It may take a while but we are more than hopeful & thankful that it's not the big "C".

      Delete
  2. Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear that... and lose his medical files too! How disgraceful! It must have been very stressful, but I'm glad everything turned out ok in the end. And I hope your husband will get better soon.

    And thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gio you are so correct, disgraceful & stressful. Thank you for your good wishes & you're welcome. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...