Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Rimmel London Match Perfection Concealer / Review

Rimmel London continues to surprise me. I purchased this concealer more for curiosity than need and on sale at $5.49 it was a steel.

It's a long tube with a brush at the end. When you squeeze it the product comes out through the brush tip that you can use for application. This reminds me of a Lancôme lipstick from years ago as well as an eye illuminator Avon used to make. I had to check with Tracy from Beauty Reflections on that one since I don't think all their products are on their website. She had never heard of it. This was about 3 years ago if I remember correctly.


Match Perfection is more a concealer than an illuminator although the light shade, Fair-Light the one I purchased, does give that effect on me without any shimmer. It spreads easily but you have to work quickly since it dries fast into a powdery finish. The great plus is that it's buildable without looking cakey and it doesn't set into fine lines This shade is perfect for me but I find that if I were to use it every day it could end up being slightly drying.

The only thing I didn't like about this product is the tube. It's huge for the quantity of product inside, 7 ml. I'd say it's about one fourth so you have to press it like crazy. Rimmel should definitely consider making it smaller.

Would I recommend this concealer? Yes!

For the price you can't miss. I think it would be great to hide blemishes since it's very light but at the same time gives good coverage. You could even consider having two colors for a perfect match.


Reviews:

MakeupAlley: 4.1 / 5 lippies for 179 reviews
Beauté-test: 3.2 / 5 stars for 17 reviews

Screen capture from Rimmel London website
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...