Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara Waterproof / Review

With the snow, the cold and the rain we've been getting I just had to get a waterproof mascara and since it's not something I use every day I didn't see the point in getting an expensive one. At the drugstore L'Oréal's Voluminous was reduced to under $10.00 so I figured I would give it a try.

I have used the regular Voluminous in the past and for a while was quite pleased with it. I stopped because there came a point when it didn't hold the curl as well. I don't think this was the mascara's fault but more my lashes. They have become quite stiff over time and tend to point downward. Lovely!


How does it perform? Nicely.

The brush is just the right size and the formula goes on easily. For me, one coat is enough for daytime and it dries quickly. Since it's quite stiff, it holds the curl. I haven't bothered with heating my Shiseido lash curler with the blow dryer so the curl is not that pronounced but again, suitable for daytime.

Downside...

It's hard to remove. The only way is using an oil based product. What I use most often is micellar water on a cotton round with a few drops of unscented baby oil. It works relatively well but I always end up with lightly irritated eyes. The same happens with Lancôme's Bi-Facil which I found a little less effective.

Do I recommend L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara Waterproof? Yes and no.

Yes if you don't mind the extra effort for removal and if you don't use a waterproof formula often. No if you need to wear it every day. My guess is overtime you could end up with irritated eyes. In my opinion it would be worth it to invest in a better formula.


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 3.7 / 5 lippies for 615 reviews
Beauté-test: there are no reviews for this version of L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...