Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Nivea Lip Butter Vanilla & Macadamia / Review

These new Nivea Lip Butters aren't even on the Canadian website yet but can be seen on the American one. For a little over a week now other beauty bloggers have been reviewing them and I was quite anxious to try one myself. Ok anxious may not be the correct word here so let's just say I wanted to try one.




They come in four different flavors: Smooth Kiss, Raspberry Rose Kiss, Caramel Cream Kiss and the one I purchased, Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss.

Vanilla Macadamia Kiss
Picture from Nivea website.

I can't remember who wrote that she had to read the ingredient list to make sure this was not eatable! Both the smell and the taste are dreamy. They make me want to have either ice cream or a decadently rich humongous cookie! 

How does it perform? Beautifully!

I have tried 4 or 5 other Nivea lip balms in the past and must admit I found them all quite ordinary and didn't enjoy their taste much, the classic navy blue tube being the worst for me. Most are soothing and I know loved by many but they are not the ones I go to when I need heavy duty lip care. With these new Lip Butters I can honestly say that Nivea has kicked it up a notch and they are getting pretty close to my HGs (Holy Grails) which are Nuxe Rêve de Miel for night and Caudalie Lip Conditionner for day. You can read more about them here.

This Nivea Lip butter fits right in the middle of my favorites. It's not quite as thick as Nuxe Rêve de Miel but does compare to Caudalie's. Applied at night before bed time, I can still feel it on my lips by morning and the texture, once it's warmed up by lips is similar to Caudalie's. It has light staying power meaning you don't have to reapply every hour unless you rub your lips together a lot. On me it doesn't feel greasy or waxy, it's just a comfortable sensation.

Among the listed ingredients are shea butter and almond oil, a great duo for deep moisture and soothing effect. You could get the same results by making your own, mixing shea butter and almond oil yourself but why bother? These are $2.99 each and you wouldn't enjoy the great taste.

Do I recommend Nivea Lip Butter? Yes!!!

Again, at $2.99 it's definitely worth a try and if ever you don't like it as much as I do, you can always use it for your cuticles. I personally am impressed and will definitely try the other flavors as they become available. My local drugstore only had Smooth Kiss and Macadamia & Vanilla. They should be more widely available by the end of February. I think I will go for Caramel Kiss next...

Reviews:

There are none yet on either Makeup Alley or Beauté-test.

Ingredients (from the packaging):
Cera Microcristallina, Paraffinum Liquidum, Polyglyceryl-3, Diisostearate, butyrospermum, Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed OIl, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aqua, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BNT, Aroma, CI 77891, CI 77492.


Link to updates about Hubby's condition, here.
Lien pour info sur la condition de santé d'André, ici.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...