Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Memorable Date!

Today is April 24th, a memorable date in every sense of the word. It's a date I will never forget because on this day, André and I had our first date!

This year will be extremely hard with all it's firsts. Last week my first birthday without him, today the anniversary of our first date, soon Mother's Day, Catherine's birthday...

These will all be days that will be difficult to get through. The pain is so raw, there are no words to describe the emptiness.

How I tricked him...

We lived in the same building, he on the 4th floor, me on the 2nd with my parents. I had noticed that he left every evening at around the same time for work because he always carried his attache-case. One evening, I had to go somewhere and went down in the lobby a little before him. I waited for the elevator to get to the 4th floor and "slowly" got out of the building. As I was "slowly" crossing the street, he offered to give me a lift. I "hesitated" and said yes. Before he dropped me off, he asked me out. Victory!!!

Our first date...

André took me to a sports center to.... play tennis!

I was a swimmer not a tennis player! I did own racket but had never really played. Our match, if I can call it that, was pretty pathetic! Also, in all honesty, he was barely better than me!

A fiasco! But...

That evening I was going to see a movie with my best friend Nicole and so when he took me home I asked him if he wanted to join us. I just didn't want to let him go. He declined but asked me out for the next evening.

Somehow that Friday afternoon I knew. He was mine and that was it! He didn't know it yet but it proved to be true.

Of course I was (almost) always right! After all, I had just turned 18 and I was so sure of myself!



It almost did last forever...

The weather is finally starting to warm up for which I'm glad but also sad. I don't feel like cleaning the yard for I don't think I'll be spending much time there. It will be a long sad Summer.

It almost did last forever...


For those wondering, March 23rd entry, here.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...