Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Deodorant Wars: Nivea vs Dove

So we haven't had much of a Spring season so far but hopefully Summer will make up for it!

*fingers crossed*

Summer should, if we're lucky, translate to, hot humid days!

A good deodorant is a must and I usually keep one in my purse, just in case. I don't go for the "clinical" formulas anymore since I find them too strong and irritating, I prefer, if need be, to reapply during the day. This is usually required only on days with extreme heat.

One I've been liking a lot for the past few years is Dove Ultimate Go Fresh with the fragrance Energizing. Keep in mind that unscented in summer is not a good idea. I have yet to find one that works. A bit of fragrance makes a big difference. Oh and I'm not going to compare ingredients, just effectiveness, my own personnal experience.

Dove Ultimate Go Fresh Energizing in stick form, has a faint grapefruit and lemongrass fragrance that is sweet and for me, uplifting. A few swipes, I'm good to go and the protection lasts all day unless of course it's super hot. After about 30 minutes or so the scent becomes quite faint so there's no conflicts with other scented products.

Wanting to try a new one I chose Nivea Happy Time also in stick form with bamboo extract and an orange scent. 

Since we are not talking about high end fragrances here let me just say that the scents of both is quite similar.




How did they compare?

On my skin's chemistry, Nivea doesn't come close to Dove. I've been using it for the past few weeks and by mid afternoon I don't feel as protected. Not a good thing since I don't sweat a lot and it's not even Summer yet! It makes me feel like I could end up smelling like a big sweaty construction worker! Dove is much more effective on me.

Bottom line, between the two, Dove wins!


Reviews on Makeup Alley:

Dove: 4.2 / 5 lippies for 54 reviews.
Nivea: 3.5 / 5 lippies for 2 reviews, one good & one bad.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...