Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer / Review & Swatches

For a $5.98, this concealer is pretty amazing! It almost wears like iron, I kid you not!

I know I'm on a no buy but yesterday I had to get a few essentials at Walmart. Not my favorite place to shop but for some items they do have good deals. Of course I stopped by their cosmetics department! I picked up a concealer brush and started to look around, stumbled on the Hard Candy display, which by the way is almost always empty and came across this concealer.

I have heard a lot about it and at that price I figured, why not give it a try?




I chose Ultra Light 487 since I'm quite fair. In the plastic box you get, along with the tube, a little pencil. The pencil is also a concealer but the color is darker, more appropriate to hide blemishes. It's texture is quite dry and so it wouldn't do for the eye area in my opinion.

How did it perform?

Here goes for repeating myself, this stuff wears like iron! On me anyway. Before you go on trying it on your eye area do a few tests on your hand. Very little is needed, hardly a pin head, for real and it takes some getting used to since it's a rather thick formula. Much thicker than Rimmel London Match Perfection Concealer which I had been liking lately. For a product in a tube, it's almost as heavy as Laura Mercier Secret Concealer. Also if you apply too much, it will set into fine lines and will give you the dreaded white eye look, as if you've been skiing and wearing goggles. Not elegant!

Here is a swatch. Now of course the eye area is quite different than the hand but this is just to give you an idea. I know this is not the best picture but hey, I'm trying! :)


Here on top the crayon concealer. 
Below, the cream from thick to blended.


For the past few weeks I had been using Laura Mercier on my upper lid as an eyeshadow base and Rimmel to lighten the under eye area with fairly good results. Today I wore Glamoflauge on both areas. It stayed put for a good 8 hours and I've only had to lightly wipe into the fine lines once. I had set it with loose powder once my makeup was all done and I don't have a lot of wrinkles but if a concealer is too drying or too thick it makes the area look cakey. By applying a thin layer it dried to a powdery finish and stayed almost perfect all day.

Would I recommend Hard Candy Clamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer? Yes!

On the Hard Candy webside they do say that it's a heavy duty, highly pigmented, blendable concealer that provides the ultimate coverage. Creates a flawless surface by covering birth marks, freckles, dark circles and even tatoos! Given the texture of this product, I tend to believe them.

In a way, it was easier to work with than my other two. It didn't dry as fast as Rimmel and it made my upper lid look smoother than Laura Mercier. Hmm... Let's not forget that the latter is $30.00...

Here is the brush I purchased for my concealer. Super soft, it's very gentle and does an excellent job to make it nearly invisible. I still use my fingers since I find it's easier for initial application but the brush is quite useful for the inner corner of the eyes and for the finishing touches, like picking up product that has set into fine lines... argh! Oh well, that's the way it is. Even my 13 yrs old girl has some so no biggie, for now!


SPAresource Cream Shadow brush, $2.47
Soft, perfect for concealer.


Finally, for the price, this tube is huge and filled to the top with product. Not like Rimmel which also comes in a big tube but you have to press quite a bit to get any product out. In fact that was my only issue with it, that the container was too big for the quantity of concealer inside. In the case of Glamoflauge, given the amount needed to get good coverage, my guess is that it will last for quite a long time. You really do get your money's worth.

Remember? It's $5.98!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...