Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Keihl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado / Review

Let's get this straight, we don't need an eye cream! Really, I'm serious! I've known this for the longest time but for some reason, in the past ten years or so, I started buying them. The last ones where Clinique's All About Eyes (not yet reviewed) and Estée Lauder's Vérité.

Most, if not all, are simply moisturizers sold in smaller containers. Now of course some facial moisturizers are too "perfumy" to use in the eye area so this would be a reason to get one. Some will use the regular Creme de La Mer or Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion for example. Others will simply use petroleum jelly on damp skin.

I personally use Avène Eluage, the face cream and alternate with unrefined shea butter. The results are excellent!

Keihl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

This eye cream is a best seller for the brand and a staple. For many it's a favorite! I've been wanting to try it for the longest time, out of curiosity, and finally was able to do so.

A few weeks back I got two samples of it and instead of using it from the little plastic pouches, I transferred the content of both in a small sample jar. I realised that it was more than enough to get a fair opinion about it.


With two samples I got a good month's worth.

How does it perform?

It has a lovely texture. Thick but non greasy, it penetrates quickly. Keep in mind that you need very little. Using too much could not only cause milia but could make your eyes puffy by morning. Also, it may not be necessary to use a moisturizer in that area in the morning. Using a good treatment at night often eliminates that need.

This cream is just a plain moisturizer that doesn't contain any actives. Honestly, I did like it's texture but it didn't do more than my unrefined shea butter which costs way less. I don't have super dry under eyes so I only need to use it about three times a week. The other nights, as mentioned, I use Avène Eluage.

Do I recommend Keih'ls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado? Yes and no.

Yes if your usual facial moisturizer has too much fragrance but even if it's the case, unrefined shea butter is, in my opinion, superior as far as deep moisture. Still, this cream penetrates well and leaves a comfy feel. Hopefully this makes sense.

No if you already have a good moisturizer that your eye area can tolerate. No need for an extra jar...

But I know, we do love little jars, don't we?

Comes in two sizes: 15 ml, $35.00 & 28 ml, $56.00


Ingredients (from Beautypedia):
Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Ozokerite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Retinyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Beta-Carotene


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...