Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

NARS Flirty Fearless Fushia for Spring!

I know, I know, in some parts of the country it's still pretty cold and this morning in Montreal we had the privilege of enjoying more wet snow. Spring seems to have passed us by but believe me, good days are ahead. Proof, these beautiful colors. Yes, we will be able to enjoy them soon, I promise!

Last Monday I saw this beautiful collection that NARS has put together for Spring 2013 at Sephora and could just kick myself for not taking pictures of the swatches I did. I'm not used to having an iPhone yet. Even if it doesn't take the best pictures it would have still given you a pretty good idea of the colors and textures.


NARS blush in Mata Hari  / $32.00
Love love love!!!
Lovely texture, finely milled, Mata Hari is a very pigmented pink colored blush. I loved the fact that it's matte. This, I believe, will give it more mileage. Shimmer can always be added with a powder highlighter. Using a brush it does produce a bit of powder but not so much that you'd feel your waisting a lot of product. On light skin you would need little. On darker complexions, it will definitely show.


NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Jardins de Plantes / $30.00
This color is beautiful but not for everyone. Described as a fuchsia, it has blue undertones. This is not a color I would be able to pull off but for those who can, the texture is just lovely. Highly pigmented, a little goes a long way which is a good thing considering the price. It has a bit of a soft frosted finish which I find is perfect for this type of color.


NARS Lip Lacquer in Hot Wired / $29.00
If it wasn't so expensive this, I would definitely consider buying. Nice gel-like texture with enough color for a natural pinkish lip with a nice iridescent shimmer.



NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Bouthan / $39.00
This duo is quite interesting. Pink eyeshadows! Not for everyone in my book. It can be easy to look washed up wearing them. Of this duo I like the darker shade, Bright Pink With Gold Shimmer. We can barely see the goldish sparkle in this picture which is sad. This is what I found made this shade so interesting. I could definitely consider it as an accent color. Sadly, I found the lighter shade, Pink Tulle, much too light and on me it would not fair so well.


NARS Opaque Nail Polish in Schiap / $21.00
Very pretty color but I do believe I already have some dupes of it and for that I would not consider purchasing it. I've never tried NARS nail polishes so I can't comment on neither their textures nor formulas.

Now, if only my wallet would let me get that blush!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...