Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors / Review

It's official! I've decided, bright colored lipsticks aren't for me anymore!

Well, for now anyway!

I love to see all the beautiful shades my bloggerettes friends try on, Chanel, Givenchy and Dior all have fabulously bright colors this season. Candies or jewels, you choose your definition.

Yesterday I roamed through a small cosmetic department in my area

I don't know when exactly these came out. As some of you know I was out of the loop for a bit and missed a lot. I do think they have been reviewed several times by now but I just got mine and thought I would add my thoughts about them to the lot.





Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors = LOVE!!!

Imagine a balm mixed in with a gloss and a hint of color that is non sticky. So comfortable to wear with a taste that's like a mixture of caramel, vanilla and chocolate. Yes, to me it reminds me a little of chocolate.

A balm quality, I feel my lips getting softer as I wear it.

A gloss, yes it does have that effect on lips but can you imagine a gloss that doesn't trap your hair when it's windy? Long haired girls, you know what I mean! For that, this is quite simply amazing.

A hint of color, just enough to give your lips a nice light polished, fresh look.

If you need a bang of color, this is not for you. If you want your "gloss" to last hours, this is not for you. If you want shine, sheen that lasts, this is not for you.

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip perfectors do exactly what the name describes. Natural, light shimmer and color with the benefits of comfortable feeling lips is what you'll get. I reapply every 2 hours or so. I started to wear them last Thursday night and haven't had dry lips since! At night I keep using my beloved Nuxe Rêve de Miel but during daytime, Clarins is "da bomb"!

As seen above I purchased two of the new colors. 05 Candy Shimmer and 06 Rosewood Shimmer. The tip is a sponge applicator through which the product comes out when you press on the tube.


05 Candy Shimmer & 06 Rosewood Shimmer *




I'm very sorry about the quality of the pictures. For some reason they didn't come out as clear as expected. Oh and no, my skin does not have a weird color although the Lip Perfector shades did come out rather true. Weird.

05 Candy Shimmer is not as bright on lips and 06 Rosewood Shimmer doesn't come out as brown once applied. Again, they are sheer and wear their names well, Lip Perfector.

There are in all six different colors available the last three being the more "opaque" I didn't purchase 04 Petal Shimmer for I feel it would have been pretty much invisible on my lips. If you have dark pigmented lips, you may want to pass but for light to medium, these are great.

For a few weeks now I've been looking at lipsticks, mainly brighter colors to change from my usual neutrals. So far, no luck! I'm having a real hard time of letting go of my usual. Even my daughter last week told I should take a risk but for some reason I just can't do it, yet!

Ok I'm not totally shutting the door on bright colors...

Baby steps, baby steps...

For now, I'm more than happy with these and they go perfectly with my "Precious" Diorskin Nude Tan Paradise Duo in Coral Glow!  :)

If this is not your case and you want more pigment, shine and balm like quality, have a look at these...


These are visually stunning and look much better in real life. 
Their texture, dreamy! $27.00 each.


Clarins Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm. A core full of color trapped in a translucent gel casing that does remind us of crystal. You can either go for a light or a more opaque effect depending on how much you apply. With the Lip Perfectors I don't always use a mirror but with these, if you want the more pigmented look, I suggest you use one. These two shades 05 Crystal Rose and 06 Crystal Mandarin came out with the new Clarins Splendours Summer Collection and are limited edition.

One last note...

I've had a chance to "play" a bit with the colors from the new collection and all I can say is, they are fabulous! The texture and look of the bronzer is just amazing and would suit any carnation. The eye makeup palette, it's colors, flattering to anyone. Oh and the liner, is deep purple!!! Gorgeous!

We don't mention this brand often enough in my opinion. High quality with reasonable prices.

I'm sorry but I just had to show these to you again. Do note that the bronzer is much bigger than the palette. I came real close to buying it but it would have been overkill. Beautiful texture, slightly more matte than the Bronzing Duo Mineral Powder reviewed here, it really is suitable for everyone. If you don't own a bronzer yet, this one is an excellent option.





In some stores they are already out of the palette so if you are interested in it, you better not wait too long. Both the bronzer and the palette sell for $42.00 each. Just click on the picture to visit Clarins Canada.



* The nail polish I'm wearing is Essie Fifth Avenue. Two coats with one coat of Sèche Vite.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...