Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter & Pink Grapefruit Eau de Toilette

Recently I've fallen hard for pink grapefruit! I've always loved citrus fragrances and simply could not be able to live without lemons! The smell and the taste of that fruit takes me to the South of France, Italy, Greece and so many other places. In the middle of Winter, using lemons, brings me back to Summer even if outside it feels like Siberia.

Memories...

As much as I love lemons, I could not use it as a fragrance. I guess in my case it would be lemon overload. Not the case with pink grapefruit which takes me back to Miami. As a teen I would spend the month of January there with my Mom. Every morning the kitchen would be filled with the smells of coffee, toasts and grapefruits.

I have a tendency to associate fragrances with colors. Miami is the capital of pastels, candy colors that make everyone happy even if some are too blasé to admit it. One of its predominant color is pink. There is a lot of it in Miami and if you look closer, think about it for a minute, you'll realise that the most popular shade of pink featured is, grapefruit pink. Didn't you ever notice? Even the flamingos are grapefruit pink!

Disappointed by the fact that the Pink Grapefruit Puree Body lotion's fragrance didn't last on me, I figured why not try the Body Butter from the same line?

I had a good pretext to go back to the store. My daughter has developed a liking for their Coconut Shower Cream and since we where almost out and she rarely asks for this type of thing, why not get her a new one?




Of course The Body Shop had specials, they always do! Did I take advantage of them? Of course!

Pink Grapefruit Body Butter

Notice the color of the container? Miami! Inside, a beautiful soft pink cream which is on the thick side when you put it on but it melts in rapidly and doesn't feel greasy at all, at least not for me. Compared to the body purée, this does give good moisture so someone with dry skin would appreciate it far more.

I don't use it everyday, I use on days when I need "happy notes". The subtle fragrance lasts I would say a good 4 hours and no, you don't smell like a giant grapefruit! After the initial freshness it changes into a nice discrete citrus smell.

Pink Grapefruit Eau de Toilette

Just let me say that I love these little bottles. I love their shapes and their sizes are perfect if you want to carry one in your purse.

Pink Grapefruit smells like, well, pink grapefruit! I decided to get one in hopes to make the odor last longer. On it's own, with my skin's chemistry, it lasts barely a few hours. Layered over the body butter, about 4 hours, the same as the cream alone but it's slightly more intense.

Would I recommend The Body Shop's Pink Grapefruit offerings? Yes!

If you like citrus fragrances, you will definitely fall for these. Lovely and fresh, it's uplifting, happy!

The downside being that the fragrance of either doesn't last more than 3 to 4 hours, on days I do wear it, again, I find it easy to keep the eau de toilette in my purse.

A word of warning...

If you reapply the eau de toilette during the day, be careful where you spray it. In Winter this is not an issue but since Summer is fast approaching, we will be outside more and it could cause skin discoloration so you may want to keep a little body butter on you and keep the eau de toilette for evenings. For this you could simply recycle a small cream jar to reapply a little on neck and wrists.

If you don't have any small jars, upon purchase, ask The Body Shop for one of their small sample containers,  I'm certain that they will graciously give you one.

Oh and don't forget to get a Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel!

Lastly, if ever you get the chance, Miami is a great city to visit, South Beach is soooo beautiful... If it's not on your life's itinerary, you could always put pink flamingos and palm trees stickers to your bathroom walls. Just don't forget these pink grapefruit offerings. It'll be complete!

Oh and no, pink flamingos on your lawn will not do, please think about the neighbours!


Pink Grapefruit Body Butter ingredients:
Water, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Limonene, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citral, Sodium Hydroxide, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Yellow 6, Red 33.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...