Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Notable Reads, Vol. 13 - Taking Things Slow & Thinking About Moving...

Taking things slow...

This month I'll be posting a little less for a few reasons. Recently I've been spending way too much time on the computer. I guess it was in reaction to André's passing, I needed to keep my mind occupied and as I've mentioned before, blogging has helped me immensely last Winter while he was sick. Now it's become a bit much. I need to spend more quality time with my daughter for this will likely be the last Summer where I will not be working, where I can be fully there for her. I've been looking for a job and sadly at the moment there aren't too many postings so most of the time I'll be on the computer will be for my job search.

So don't be surprised if I skip a day or two here and there.

Thinking about moving...

For a while now I've been thinking about moving Icaria's from Blogger to WordPress. Although I'm pretty happy with the look the blog has at the moment, I find there is still room for  improvements. I already have a WP blog that was used to copy/paste entries from Blogger but haven't done much of these in for quite sometime now.

I'm hesitant because I still haven't mastered the functionalities of the other platform and I must admit I find it kind of hard to work with. This is probably because I got used to Blogger in the first place. It's so hard to change but I know it would make Icaria's look more polished and dare I say, maybe more professional.

Most of the blogs I follow are on WordPress and the article mentioned below is one of several that is pushing me to make the move. At the moment I just can't decide on which layout to chose and how to organise the widgets so some of my time on the computer is trying to figure this all out. I'm so not tech savvy!

Why Moving to WordPress is The Right Decision, Fashion Beauty Etc

Little update. When I published this post one annoying thing happened! Below, the font is different. I tried everything I could to change this but nothing worked. Formatting is one of the reasons I want to move. Can you blame me?


Picture taking... 

This is something I find extremely frustrating at the moment. While I was happy to start posting my own pictures, I'm not pleased with most of them especially the ones about colors. I know colors can depend on which browser you use. For example, I find they are warmer with Google Chrome than on Explorer or Firefox. What gets to me in a big way is that it's one thing to have different colors from different browsers but quite another when it on the same post! On the same post, with the same camera, with the same lighting! Grrrr! Case and point, my recent entry Coral Glow Meets an Almost Match, here.

For some picture taking I've discovered that the iPhone works better than my camera! I guess I'll be using it a little more.


My Summer case, can you tell I love spots!


What caught my attention this week...


Ever heard of fish pedicure? I hadn't either until Jane of British Beauty Blogger tweeted about this last week. I'm not sure if I should laugh or be disturbed about this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2050342/Fish-pedicures-foot-spas-spread-HIV-hepatitis-C.html


The Eye Soothers, Strawberry Blonde. Nic shows us three treatments to help take down the puffiness we all experience once in a while. As mentioned by Nic there's always those good old cucumber slices as well as a few other options as shown in my own Puffy eyes, how to treat them post which you can read, here.


YSL Fall Look 2013: Gris Underground 38 and Beige Gallery 39 La Laque Couture, The Beauty Look Book. Have a look at the new YSL nail polishes, they are stunning!


Hourglass Opaque Rouge, worth the hype? Tattooed Tea Lady. We've all heard about this brands outstanding Ambient Light powders but what about their other products? Here Sophia gives us an honest review of one of their options.


Caudalie Divine Experience, Mostly Sunny. Read Sunny's reviews of the products who are getting more popular by the minute. I simply must get that oil! :)


Fight The Monica Frizz This Summer With LUSH! Beauty Reflections. Tracy tells us about her favorites to fight frizz. Although I do remember the Monica Frizz, I get to live with the Hélène Frizz just about everyday! That's the one I'm trying to fight. :)



For your viewing enjoyment...


This week I'm sending you over to Cherry Sue, Doin' the Do to view a Pink video. True Love. Like Cherry Sue wrote, it is what it is! You sometimes want to smash their face in but then can't live without them. That one really got to me. Not that I have to be reminded but it really made me realise how much I miss him...



I know that for most of us it's been a pretty hot week so what will it be...




Lemonade or Sangria?


Have a great week everyone and keep cool! Hélène xoxoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...