Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

What About Emerald Green?

It's kind of easy to forget that Emerald Green was named color of the year by Pantone back in December. I have seen a few makeup looks here and there but nothing exciting enough for me to try on myself. Considering the price of quality cosmetics, I don't see why I would spend money on a color that just doesn't work on my green eyes to begin with. In clothes, well, last spring there was a lot of mint green but it's emerald counterpart was almost nowhere to be seen.

Sephora got on board with a Pantone Universe collection that did get some attention with reasonably priced options but to me it was kind of meh!

In light of the fact that some of the major makeup brands like Chanel and Laura Mercier are coming out with shades of Khaki nail polishes it'll be interesting to see if this kit from Ciaté will be a success. One thing's for sure, it'll hit the spot if you have an Emerald Green craving.


Ciaté Emerald Collection will likely be available in August at Sephora.


I would have considered a piece of clothing but haven't seen anything interesting enough for me to buy. I honestly thought there would be a lot of it out there but it wasn't the case. As for the Ciaté nail kit, I'll pass since I have nothing that goes with this color. To read more about it see British Beauty Blogger, source of the picture.

Am I the only one who was a little disappointed with the choice of Emerald Green as color of the year?





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...