Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Grace Kelly & Notable Reads, Vol. 16...

From Philadelphia to Monaco: Grace Kelly - Beyond the Icon

Currently, until October 6, the McCord Museum of Montreal is presenting us this exhibit in collaboration with Grimaldi Forum Monaco, Holt Renfrew and Ritz-Carlton Montréal.


Grace Kelly © Howell Conant 1955


A resumé of her journey through letters, notes of friendships, personal effects, beautiful gowns and accessories by some of the most influential designers of the 20th century.

My favorite Grace Kelly movie? There are only 11 of them but it's probably To Catch A Thief (1955). Directed by Alfred Hitchcock and also starring Cary Grant. The gowns, oh the gowns and of course Cary Grant!!! A feast for the eyes, set in Monaco where she would become Her Serene Highness The Princess of Monaco a year later by marrying Rainier III, Prince of Monaco.


Grace Kelly with Cary Grant in To Catch A Thief.

For more information about the exhibit click, here.


My week...

As some of you may have noticed, this week I've been kind of quiet. I do believe I'm a little tired and so I've been dragging my feet as far as blogging is concerned. I have visited and read what my bloggerette friends have written but haven't left many comments. These days I'm more concerned about my job search.

I do have some reviews coming up so stay tuned for those and depending on how my week goes I should have one or two quick recipes for my food blog as well, here. It would be a good idea to subscribe to it since unlike Icaria's, the entries will not be as regular.


Here's what caught my attention this week...

A Blush A Day: Week 3, Beauty Reductionista. Links to week 1 and 2 are at the top of this latest entry by Liz. This is fun! I wouldn't be able to do this type of post since I did a major purge last year. I wonder if I have 10 blushes left. I guess I should go and count them. :)

Oh Hey, Sailor! Bobbi Brown Navy & Nude Collection, The Glitter Geek. Arianne gives us her first impressions about this palette which was on one of my recent Beauty Envies.

Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Mystère and Le Vernis Taboo, Expat Make-Up Addict. The reviews for this quad, part of my latest Beauty Envies post are starting to appear. See what Stacey has to say about it.

Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick...Crayon... Beauty Reflections. Tracy got her hands on one of these new lipstick from the French company and she likes it!

The Monolid Trilogy, Mostly Sunny. Sunny give a great 3 part tutorial to apply eye makeup on monolids. Great info, great pictures.

Please Don't Squeeze, Strawberry Blonde Beauty Blog. Nic tells us why we shouldn't. I have my eye on my daughter, told her about it and hopefully she won't.

(Some) Hair Damage Is Normal, Beautiful with Brains. Gio gives us the basics to avoid hair damage as much as possible.


Food...

Garbanzo beans & Tuna Salad, one of my daughter's all time favorite.


For fun...

What I grew Up With, The Unknown Beauty Blog. Olivia has been having a bit of fun recently with these entries. The latest, about the fiasco of the "New Coke" formula and Max Headroom. Of course, if you're under 30 you may have no idea what she's talking about but it's fun.

Tiny Tampon Queen, posted on Jezebel blog and tweeted about on July 29 by CherrySue from CherrySue, Doin' the Do. Hilarious, do have a look.


The Camp Gyno - Crazy Commercial For Young Girls About Their Periods


Aaand...


Mika, Grace Kelly from the album Life In Cartoon Motion, 2007.


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...