Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Guerlain La Laque Couleur Madame Batifole #860 / Review & Swatches

As mentioned earlier this week when I presented to you Guerlain's new Fall 2013 makeup collection La Voilette de Madame, this nail polish was one of my most recent Beauty Envies...

Guerlain La Laque Couleur in Madame Batifole does not disappoint!




A beautiful deep fuchsia berry red, it's the perfect color for late summer and early fall. Personally, I don't want to think about the end of summer, especially since it seems to have been so short this year in part due to the horrible month of June we had... Enough about the weather!

Madame batifole... The best translation in my opinion would be madam is playful but given the seductive nature of the color I guess I would have to go with madam frolics... Madam is a seductress...


Black lace is more seductive but gotta work with what I have! 


The formula of this nail polish is perfect. Not too thick and not too thin, it goes on like a dream. I didn't get any streaks, even on the first coat. My only problem was the brush. It's a large flat brush that's almost too big for my pinkie finger. I guess I'll need to practice since I had a little difficulty with the base of my nails. Not as even as usual and at the moment I don't have a good cleaning brush. Sorry if my nails are a little long, I just couldn't wait to apply it. I think it'll look even better on shorter nails. Well that's my taste anyway. :)


Madame Batifole loves the Sun!


Madame Batifole also looks smashing in the shade!


It's not the most original of colors but it's truly beautiful and I believe there are dupes out there but I really wanted a Guerlain nail polish since I had never owned one before. The formula, the texture and the deepness of this berry red are quite luxurious and I'm very pleased with it. For a first, it's a smash! I'll just have to get used to the brush.



This color makes me crave a big bowl of rapsberries! 


In Guerlain's La Voilette de Madame collection you can go all matchy matchy with a Rouge G and a Gloss d'Enfer who both have the same name, Madame Batifole.


Oh and look who came to visit while I was taking my pictures...


A little Miss Ladybug!


Guerlain's La Voilette de Madame Fall Makeup Collection will be available starting August 15.


What do you think? 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...