Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Notable Reads, Vol. 17... No Computer???

Oh my word! Can you imagine yourself without a computer??? In this age of everything at our fingertips I know for me it would be... Lock me up, take me to the asylum, naaaooowwww!!!

We have a desk computer, two laptops, two iPads, iPhone and several iPods! Overkill? Maybe. I always use the same laptop and boy am I glad to have a backup! Now when the internet is down, that's another thing... What's missing in my life at the moment is a good camera, sniff!





So, no computer! Yikes, this is what happened this week to Subtle Coral, here. Kudos to Katie on completing her latest post from her phone!


I would definitely go crazy without those!


What caught my attention this week...

My Opinion on Cleansing Wipes! Pampered Prince. Andy gives us the low down on this type of convenient product which can end up being pretty costly and not that effective.

The Importance of Patch Testing, Mirror Reality. Briefly, Phil tells us why it's important to patch test everything we put on our skin.

Skin Zero, British Beauty Blogger. Jane again! Skin perfection through skin care and not foundation? What a novel idea... Hmm will Photoshop go bust? Doubtful but like Jane writes, there seems to be a change in the air. Perfect, flawless and especially poreless skin is impossible to achieve, everybody has pores! And no people, you can't make them shrink! Boots and now L'Oréal are taking a more natural approach and its a good thing. Let's hope others will follow.

Getting Cheeky's Top Five: Bronzer, Getting Cheeky. Jessica gives us her top 5! They are gorgeous, smashing, well they are bronzers and as you know, I don't think I could live without them, seriously! I so agree with her, they are sometimes so beautiful that it's hard to bring ourselves to use them.

Guest Post: Best BB Creams for Oily Skin, Beauty Geek UK. Sascha lends her spot to Amanda from Skincare HQ. Since I brought you a review of my first BB cream this week, Estée Lauder's DayWear, here, I thought this would be fun and yes mine is on the list! The BB fab maybe on it's way out but I must say, I'm still pretty happy about my purchase.


My new obsession...

Find Momo, Andrew Knapp is a photographer with the best dog ever!!! Momo is a star! If you are on Pinterest you've probably stumbled on pictures with the caption "You have to follow this blog..." Well here, you HAVE to follow Momo. If you don't have an Instagram account, make one if just to follow Momo! I'm telling you, he's my new obsession. Knapp's pictures are beautiful and Momo, well, again he's a star! Momo on Instagram Andrew Knapp on Twitter, @andrewomerknapp Oh and by the way, Andrew is Canadian! Yay!


On the food blog...

Just one recipe this week, Tomato & Bocconcini Salad. Basic and classic, it can be revisited with so many variations. Perfect for tomato season!


For your viewing enjoyment...

I received a few samples of Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noire this week and was curious about the imagery. Have a look at this lovely promo...




The original, These Boots Are Made For Wakin, Nancy Sinatra's 1966 signature song...




So, what would you do with no computer?


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...