Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Notable Reads, Vol. 18...

Intense Debate and the disappearance of comments...

This I find extremely annoying! On my recent entry about Guerlain's Madame Rougit Blush I had received great comments and now I've lost them! I don't know what the deal is but it seems that I will not only switch from Blogger to WordPress but from Intense Debate to Disqus! Hopefully I'll be able to do this before Christmas.





To all who took the time to leave comments, thank you so much! Know that it makes me extremely happy when you do and that I haven't erased them. I have had problems in the past about this issue and thought it was settled, apparently not so.




So please don't stop leaving your comments, I love the feedback and do know that if they're not showing, it's the evil comment stealer!!!


What caught my attention this week...

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in St.Moritz, Fashionicide. I love a good detailed review and this product has caught my eye last spring. Here Halima tells us in details what she thinks about it.

7 New Celebrity Fragrances And What They Really Smell Like, Newnownext. Tweeted by Victoria from EauMG, a fun read.

Quick Reads: Houbigan, Mucha and La Rose France, Tinsel Creation. I just love Jessica's blog and here is one of the reasons why. This "Quid Reads" makes us learn a little more about Alphonse Mucha, Art Nouveau painter and decorative artist who lived from 1860 to 1939. Don't forget to click on the link provided by Jessica.

Magazine Cirdulation Drops, British Beauty Blogger. Jane takes a look at what is happening in the publishing world. A few tweeks here and there and all could be well, really it could!

La femme française, "an american dream", Madame Figaro, written by Peggy Frey. This was tweeted yesterday by Jessica from Getting Cheeky. If you read french, it's a must read! So funny!

One more thing about Jessica, her blog, Getting Cheeky has been spotlighted on Makeup & Beauty Blog!!! Have a look at it, here.


Félicitation à Dre Larie!!!

Larie from Eye Heart It just got her PHD in Chemistry this week. She's done, finito with studies!
Yay! I heart that! :)


To discover...

Dear Janit. Crazy cat ladies rejoice! Ever wanted to tell your cat(s) something specific? We know cats do their own thing, I know my Fifi does but sometimes it would be nice if she would listen to what I tell her so now I'm thinking, if she doesn't want to listen, she may want to read some of these letters? Written by Crispin and illustrated by his sister Erica, these recommendations and observations are fun and worth a stop.


On the Food Blog...

Merguez & Quinoa Stuffed Mini Eggplants this became an instant favorite of my daughter which surprised me considering she doesn't fancy eggplants to begin with. As mentioned before, I don't post everyday on the food blog but will do my best to publish at least one recipe a week so if you don't want to miss new entries, best to register. For now I only have the email form. I'm still trying to familiarise myself with WordPress.


Harry Potter Marathon...

Catherine and I have started a movie marathon last week of the famous wizard's movies. I think this is our third time doing this. Can I just say that Snape rocks! Alan Rickman is just brilliant in the role and makes everything the tenebrous professor has to say, sexaay! Even the number "394"!




In case you didn't know, Professor Snape has his own Twitter account, @_Snape_ I just love it every time he pops up. His comments/quotes always crack me up!

I guess I was little all over the place this week, sorry about that.


One last thing...

Today would have been my father's birthday! I wrote a little about him this week in my Bobbi Brown Navy & Nude Eye Palette. I was too young when I lost him, that's all I can say.

Bonne fête papa! xoxoxoxo..........................................................................................


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...