Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Dior Addict Gloss / Review...

To get myself more in a fall mood I figured I would get a deep plum/berry gloss and so Sunday while I was at the Dior counter I decided to pick up this little number...

Dior Addict Gloss in 973 Night Fantasy...

Described as a sparkling deep berry it truly complemented my Guerlain Madame Batifole nail polish but without being too matchy matchy. The color is beautiful!




How did it perform? Poorly!!!

This is truly breaking my heart and I'm so sorry but if possible this one is going back! Not thirty minutes after putting it on I already had sparkles all over the lower part of my face! Really not a look I go for.

I tried it on it's own and whether it was a light or thicker coat, sparkles all over.

I tried it over a lipstick. This was actually my plan from the get go, to gently deepen my NARS Tolède and wouldn't you know, sparkles all over, again!!!

Oh and don't blot it because if you do... Boom! Sparkle explosion!

I know, I know you're not suppose to blot a gloss but I did it only with the hope it would remove a bit of the glitter so less would end up on my skin.




I'm going to let you in on a little secret... I still have a few lip glosses from Avon Mark and they perform better than this Dior! The problem here seems to be that the sparkles are too big and fall off from the gloss if that makes sense. It's like they're too heavy for the formula even if they seem so fine. The same thing happened to me with a Chanel gloss last spring that I didn't review.

At $31.00 Dior Addict Gloss in Night Fantasy, although a gorgeous color, clearly isn't worth it for me so if it's at all possible, I'll be returning it and I don't think I'll exchange it for a non sparkling gloss since the wear was a little disappointing as well. After about an hour I could barely feel anything left on my lips and it didn't fade evenly. Instead, it accumulated on the contour of my lips with, you guessed it, sparkles stuck all over!


Ok you know I'm not the best for swatches but here goes anyway! See the glitter? 
It would have been gorgeous if only it had remained on my lips. :(

*cries*


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 3.6 / 5 lippies for 77 reviews
Beauté-test: 4 / 5 stars for 90 reviews



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...