Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Notable Reads, Vol. 22...

When I don't do my homework!

I recently realised that although I started this blog in January of last year I've been writing/posting on a regular basis since August of 2012 which means a little over a year now and as for this weekly feature of Notable Reads, well I think it was started last January. I've skipped some weeks here and there but whenever this happened I must admit that I felt a little guilty because it is, and I thank you all for this, quite popular.





There have been weeks where I've flooded you with links and others where they were few. Some weeks can be less inspired than others but sometimes it's entirely my fault. Those are the times when I didn't do my homework! I do visit many blogs on a daily basis but sometimes, out of laziness, I don't take notes and so forget some of the great/fun/interesting articles I've read. I'll try to do better, I swear!

OT, on a personal note...

This week I took Julius to the groomer where he got the schnauzer cut! We usually keep his hair a little longer but this time I figured why not give him the classic look of his breed. This was last Monday and he's been super lazy ever since! Not lethargic in any way but in the morning he now wants to stay in bed like a lazy little prince. This is funny and kind of nice for me since he's usually the one who wakes me up in the morning. He can be such a little dictator, just like his namesake Julius Caesar. :)


Before and after. He's so funny with pointy ears!


He doesn't like to have his picture taken, on the left his eye is open and I kind of got the feeling that I had to be quick about it. On the right, his new favorite thing to do, being lazy under a blanky!


What caught my attention this week...

Dolce Gabanna Pat McGrath Masterclass, British Beauty Blogger. Jane is in Milan!!! So jealous! Don't miss the videos and pictures of her trip on her Instagram.

Chanel Khaki Bronze Le Volume de Chanel & My Chanel Superstition Collection Recommendations, Mostly Sunny. Sunny tells us about her favorites about this stunning line up.

Testing, Testing: Four Mineral Sunscreens For All-Over Body Sun Protection, Eye Heart It. Larie took her sweet time testing these sunscreens but it's not because Fall is here that we have to stop wearing them and this information will of course still be quite valid come next Spring.

Buying Makeup from Discount Retailers: Do You Really Know What You're Getting? London Beauty Queen. Winners, counters in little malls or flea markets are often where we find makeup and skin care at prices so low we can hardly resist but is it really worth it? You may reconsider after having read this article.

NOTD Newspaper Nails, Pretty Gloss. A great little tutorial on how to get a great mani at a fraction of the price of those stickers, which by the way can be hard to find.

3 Ways To Clean Your Makeup Brushes With Household Items, Huff Post Style, by Dana Oliver. A video and a photo gallery of magnetic makeup boards!!! Those are smart!

Searching for Lovely Girly Bits, Lovely Girly Bits. What's in a name? Let's just say it's a good thing Karen has a great sense of humor!


For your viewing enjoyment...

With the mention of Chanel Superstition Collection I though appropriate to bring you the latest mini film about the famous designer who at 71 yrs or age, revolutionised the fashion world, again.




Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...