Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre, #837 Fatal...

If someone had told me last year that I would consider getting such a glittery color, let alone buy it, I would have probably flipped!

For a while now I'd been looking for a long wear purplish/reddish/plummish taupe and every time I found one that could maybe be the one, I ended up not buying. The latest smashing one I saw was from M.A.C but given their poor staying power on me I passed. Of course things might be different now that I'm using NARS Pro-Prime but I think the color I was considering a month or so ago is no longer available. M.A.C has so many collection launches and limited editions they're really hard to keep up with.

So back to my search! Last fall in it's Superstition Collection, Chanel had a rather pretty one called Hasard which was more on the lavender side. I swatched it but it didn't wow me much. I didn't think it would contrast enough with Mystère, the quad I purchased from my friend Stacey of Expat Make-Up Addict.

Then came #837...

Fatal

*Takes a deep breath*

Could a purplish reddish plum that's almost on the taupish side really exist? I mean really?

Could such a color also wear like iron?

Could I go for a reddish plum that has tons of glitter? Not gold but silver! Thank you very much!



This picture was taken at the Chanel counter. I just couldn't take the chance of having to wait a week to use it! The little retractable brush it comes with is excellent! Flat and slightly angled it takes a little practice getting use to and due to the fast drying formula you have to really be quick about application with it.








See how the color is different at home than at the Chanel counter where it looked more red? This picture here is much closer to reality. Notice the silver glitter?

Stunning!

The texture is fine and surprisingly soft. The brush it comes with is excellent for precise application but since this eye shadow is on the sheer side you have to be quick about it. It dries almost on contact which is the only downside for me.

Applying it with he brush will make it more intense. I've practice with both the little Chanel brush and my fingers and ended up preferring a regular eye shadow brush.

The glitter...

It definitely is there but, and this is a big but, it's truly not in your face in the sense that it doesn't look the same on your eyes as it does on a finger, you know the impression you get when you swatch in the store? Also I must admit at first I was truly intimidated by it, the glitter I mean, especially due to the fact that I apply my eye makeup using a magnifying mirror.

No one looks at me with through magnifying glass!

Thank God for that!!!

Ok so once it's on, with the regular side of the mirror it's stunning, positively stunning!!!

On it's own it's quite lovely and does bring out the green of my eyes but I needed a little more deepness and so brought out Diorshow 783 Velvel which I applied on the outer corners of my lids. With Fatal, a matte eyeshadow would not work in my opinion, not if you use it all over. Fatal could be used as a glittery accent with mattes but if it's your base you need to emphasize it with an equal which Velvet is. As it turned out, it was the perfect combination!

Love!!!

Both lasted the entire day, from 7:00 am to 9:00! They did not budge and stayed true till the time I removed them.

Impressed I am! 

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre, in either Fatal or any other shade, try you need to do!

Oye! Possessed by Yoda I seem to be!

Have you tried Chanel Illusion d'Ombre? Which was the last eye shadow you purchased that wowed you?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...