Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer / Review...

Recently I reviewed Hourglass limited edition Ambient Lighting Palette which by the way is pretty amazing. You can read my original thoughts, here.


  Ambient Lighting Palette with Veil Mineral Primer 


Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15...

Described as a mineral-based, water-resistant primer that neutralizes the skin, minimizes shine, and creates a smooth uniform canvas for flawless makeup application. Helps keep makeup looking fresh and prevents fading. Absorbs excess oils and minimizes the appearance of pores by evenly distributing light to help hide and soften skin imperfections and fine lines (source Sephora).

This primer gets lots and lots of love! 

The texture is an opaque milky white creamy liquid! Does that even make sense? It's quite interesting actually and really soft. Light and non greasy, it goes on like a dream and transforms to a powdery finish in no time.


The regular size comes with a convenient pump.


Ok so that's pleasant and I must say that it does feel rather luxurious on skin and is fragrance free.

How did it perform? 

Well, hold on to your seats! I saw no difference with or without.

For a week I did a split face experiment. I used it on the right side of my face and the only thing I can report is my Estée Lauder BB cream was slightly easier to apply. If you refer back to Sephora's description of Veil Mineral Primer, well, I saw no difference and I think it's because of the state of my skin at this time.

I have combination skin and at the moment my t-zone is less oily due to the colder weather. I do believe that those with combination to oily skin would benefit more using this.

For luminosity and blurring, on me, no difference. I do have some enlarged pores here and there and do have some tiny wrinkles (*sigh*), expression lines but I can't say that they are less noticeable and I have looked under different types of lighting.

Now it does work if I don't apply any creamy product over it! In other words, if I use only powders it clearly does blur things up but using my tinted moisturizer seems to neutralize that effect. If you try it on your hand in the store you'll see what I mean. It's almost magic!

So, what I have left I will put aside and use next summer or at least when the weather warms up and will experiment again. I think it just might be a go to, to help control the oil production on my t-zone especially on those days when I don't want to apply too much makeup, you know, those hot and sticky ones?

Since the full size of Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is on the pricey side at $60,00 I would recommend you try to get a sample first.


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 3.9 / 5 lippies for 221 reviews
Beauté-test: Hourglass is not listed.

Ingredients (Sephora)
-Titanium Dioxide: (2.45%) An alternative to chemical-based sunscreen agents that reflects UVA/UVB rays to protect skin from harmful damage. 
-Zinc Oxide: (4.20%) A mineral with anti-inflammatory properties that offers full spectrum coverage by absorbing UVA and UVB rays at the skin's surface. 

Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina.


This is not a skin care item per say but since it's applied all over it would be a good thing to patch test first if you have clog and/or acne prone skin or have sensitive skin.


Have you tried Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer? Thoughts and what's your skin type? 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...