Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

My First Work Week In Makeup...

My first week at my new job is done and went quite well! Lots of things to learn but mostly about procedures which is what I was expecting. In all honesty, I do believe I will simply love it! :)

As suspected and mentioned last Sunday, I didn't get the chance to take note on interesting articles for you but I think I'll be able to next week. You see this weekend I've had to clean up the yard and do a lot of leaves picking. I got 10 big orange bags! I would have double if not for the leaf picker upper that mulches them! You may have guessed that I'm a little tired.

First week's beauty stuff...

I thought is would be fun to show you the items I reached for in the morning. Aside from getting up at 5:30 am, my biggest challenge was to figure out where I would "put on my face"! As it turns out, same place as usual only this time instead of relying on the light coming in from the window I use an artificial one. At that hour it's still night outside and thank the *putting on makeup* gods I have a good halogen lamp!




Face...

Split face testing of Hourglass Veil Mineral PrimerEstée Lauder DayWear BB CreamRimmel London Match Perfection Concealer, Marcelle Compact powder (not shown), a nice little go to to make sure other powders go on smoothly.

Eyes...

On Monday I started off the week with Chanel Mystère quad but as a *first day of work* gift to myself I got NARS Fary's Kiss palette during my lunch break and have been playing with it ever since. The top middle and top right colors have been my favorites so far and yes, I will bring you a review real soon. I also have one in the works for NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base.

Bobbi Brown Cement and Slate from the Navy & Nude palette have been great complements. Mascara, I started with L'Oréal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess but for some reason on Wednesday it looked weird on my lashes, almost kind of goopy. I was able to smooth it out but it did make me a little angry so out it will go. On Thursday morning I switched to Dior Iconic and although it takes a little longer to achieve the thickness I like, it lasts all day and keeps the curl beautifully.

Oh the one item I left out is my beloved L'Oréal Infaillible Lacquer Liner in Slate! I get the most amazing thick line in no time and it stays put!

"Glow" & Cheeks...

Guerlain Crazy Terracotta has been getting all my attention this week and with good reason, just read my review, it's total love! I used Madame Rougit a few times for a little extra kick of color when I felt the need for it.

Lips...

On my first day it was Rouge Dior Grège 1947 but for a work day it's too creamy and doesn't last long enough so the following day I wore Rouge Dior Nude in Esquisse 683 and on Friday, Rose Dolce Vita 555 was the one I reached for. Those last two haven't been reviewed yet but it's coming! I also kept in my purse this new Revlon Lip Gloss but have to find the color. I bought two recently and they lost their stickers at the bottom. This one here has a bit of glitter in it which gives it dimension and results into a nice nude lip.

Nails...

I started the week with Diorific Minuit and on Wednesday night went for Essie Sable Collar. Usually I would not have done my nails again in the middle of the week but broke a nail.

Fragrances...

Except for Tuesday when I wore Dior J'Adore, it was Nina L'Eau by Nina Ricci this entire week.

In my purse...

I kept the lipsticks and gloss along with my little Givenchy compact and my small Caudalie Huile Divine.

How long did it take me to put on my makeup in the morning?

10 minutes tops and that was Wednesday when I had to *play* with my lashes due to the L'Oréal mascara.


What do you think? Too much or too little? Have you ever broken down your weekly beauty routine? 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...