Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Roger & Gallet Fleur d'Osmanthus Perfumed Beauty Oil...

Twenty years ago or so you could find Roger & Gallet products at the end of some dusty alley in certain department stores practically forgotten at least that was the case in Montreal. Not anymore! In recent years they've regained their status and now have envious placement in most major drugstores. Oh and by the way, some drugstores in Canada are pretty amazing!


Alfons Mucha (1860-1939) c. 1900


Like many of you I've developed a passion for fragrant oils in recent years. Liérac Huile Sensorielle aux Trois Fleurs and Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (both reviewed here) are favorites of mine and often replace perfume especially on days I stay home. I have a small size of Caudalie Huile Divine reviewed, here, and do like it a lot but that one is for my purse, mainly for hair taming during the day. Ok so that's three. I want more and as much as possible I want them to be affordable. I've tried one of The Body Shop's dry oils, Sweet Lemon, here, and although it's quite nice, the fragrance lasts barely 30 minutes on me and the same goes with Origins Ginger Gloss Smoothing Body Oil, here. The last two are fails and are dying in my shower. I always have to remind myself to use them, to empty them so I can get rid of the bottles.

Roger & Gallet Fleur d'Osmanthus Perfumed Beauty Oil...

Looking for new ones, last spring I stumbled upon a new Roger & Gallet display at my local drugstore. Fleur d'Osmanthus was the first I tried and frankly I fell in love with it. The fragrance, that of this Asian flower I had never heard about before, reminds me of a mixture of mixture of citrus fruits but sweeter. Not surprising since the Osmanthus flower has been described as smelling like mandarin and apricot.




The cost, $34,00 for 100 ml. The glass bottle is easy to hold and the spray is brilliant. Quite similar to Caudalie but with a little more power so be aware if ever you sample it in a store.

The fragrance lasts about five hours on me but if I spray it all over after my shower the fragrance transfers to clothes a little so there is a faint silage that remains even if I can barely smell it on myself. This makes it a very appropriate fragrance for the work place it you don't want to knock down anyone with a strong perfume and it's also perfect for a job interview!


Have you noticed Roger & Gallet products lately?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...