Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil / Review...

The only product of this type I've ever tried was from Gatte Fossé a few years back. Presented in a tube the texture was a little thicker than a cleansing oil per say but the effect was similar. An oil you massage on skin and rinse off with water. Simple, right?

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil...

When I first heard about it I was a little excited. A cleansing oil at under $20,00 with a convenient pump? Perfect! If I remember correctly it was $16,00 for 200 ml. If only the product was as nice as the price...

How did I use it?

I used two pumps and spread the oil on dry skin, massaged a little to dislodge makeup and dirt and than tried to rinse. I say tried because that step didn't go so well. It didn't melt away the way a cleansing oil should and as much as I tried massaging with water it left a heavy oily film on my skin. In fact it was almost as thick as if I had used a regular plain carrier oil. The problem is with the formula, there isn't enough surfactant-emulsifying agents in it! I had no choice but to use a foaming cleanser to remove the oily residue and even after that could still feel it lightly.

Would I recommend The Body Shop Chamomile Silky Cleansing Oil? Sadly, no unless you have very dry skin and don't mind an oily residue.

It doesn't work the way a cleansing oil should. It could work nicely for someone with dry skin since the residue can provide extra moisture but I doubt a person with combination/oily skin would enjoy this cleanser much. I truly didn't except this and except for the pleasant light fragrance this is a disappointment.

Said to remove lip and eye makeup, it left a residue that irritated my eyes so even for that it's a no go for me.

What I will do is try to take it back since I have absolutely no use for it.

Of course again, it's not because it didn't work for me that you will have the same results. It's really a your mileage may vary thing especially since according to the reviews, as few as there are, some do like this cleansing oil.


Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 3.7 / 5 lippies for only 3 reviews (this is relatively new)
Beauté-test: 4 / 5 stars also for 3 reviews.


Ingredients:

Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Isohexadecane (Emollient/Solvent), Polysorbate 85 (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sorbitan Trioleate (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Octyldodecanol (Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).


If you decide to try this product, as with any other skin care item, make sure to patch test especially if you are clog and/or acne prone or have sensitive skin.


Have you ever used a cleansing oil? If so, which is your favorite?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...