Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Vichy Pureté Thermale Purifying Foaming Cream...

Last May I purchased Biotherm Pure-Fect Skin Cleansing Gel for Catherine and she really liked it. You must have guessed by now that she is slowly becoming one of my Ginny pigs for trying products. She's not into makeup, yet, but she does have a skin care routine. At 14 I'm happy to say that her skin is clear so I guess we're in control, so far.

I'm not going to have her experiment with moisturizers because I don't want her to mess with a good thing. She uses Avène Cleanance K at night and she rarely gets blemishes. Whether it's the treatment or her genes making a difference I have no idea so we won't take any chances.So far she's never had any issues with cleansers except for a Neutrogena (Pink Grapefruit) that was clearly too drying. She's used a few and seems to be slowly developing preferences.

Vichy Pureté Thermale Purifying Foaming Cream...

Is the latest I purchased for her. Paraben free it's geared towards sensitive skin and since the weather is cooling down I thought it would be not only gentler but less drying.




She doesn't like it!

She told me she didn't enjoy the fragrance nor did she like the texture which is like a thick creamy mousse. Biotherm was a clear gel.

This means I've inherited a cleanser. Good, in the shower it went! For some reason I love having a different one in there. :)

How does it perform? Good.

Truly it's a good basic cleanser and it's way superior than some of the recent ones I've tried. Although it does have a somewhat of a thick creamy mousse texture it is slightly drying so I'm not sure how someone with dry sensitive skin would fare with it. The fragrance? I don't know what Catherine's problem is but I find it very pleasant although I'll admit it's a little stronger than Biotherm was. As I've mentioned I keep it in the shower and a few times used it in the evening to remove makeup and it did a pretty good job. Using a micellar water after, I barely had any dirt left on my skin.

Would I recommend Vichy Pureté Thermale Purifying Foaming Cream? Yes and no.

It is a good basic no fuss cleanser but it is slightly drying and this can be an issue especially if your skin gears toward the dry side. Although I don't have any problem with it, the fragrance could appear a little strong for some. Catherine is not sensitive to smells in general so her comment did take me by surprise. If you have normal/combination skin I think this would be a good option.

Since it's not too expensive it's the type of cleanser that you could use for your body if ever it doesn't work for your face. It's about $18,00 for 125 ml (it will last long since little is needed) but it's often on special, I purchased ours for just under $13,00.

Reviews: 

Makeup Alley: 4.4 / 5 lippies for 14 reviews.
Beauté-test: surprisingly there are no reviews of this product at this time so I believe it's relatively new.

Ingredients:

WATER • GLYCERIN • POTASSIUM MYRISTATE • PALMITIC ACID • MYRISTIC ACID • POTASSIUM LAURATE • POTASSIUM PALMITATE • POTASSIUM STEARATE • SODIUM COCOYL GLYCINATE • LAURIC ACID • PEG-32 STEARATE • PEG-6 STEARATE • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • PENTYLENE GLYCOL • STEARIC ACID • PHENOXYETHANOL • TOCOPHEROL • DISODIUM EDTA • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII SEEDCAKE EXTRACT / SHEA BUTTER SEEDCAKE EXTRACT • FRAGRANCE

As with any other skin care, if your skin is clog and/or acne prone or sensitive make sure to patch test first.


Do you have an extra facial cleanser you keep in the shower?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...