Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Sunday Post, Vol. 1...

A new title for Sundays...

I've mentioned last week that I didn't quite know what to do about my Sunday post due to my new situation. Working full time equals in having much less time for blogging. By giving this day a new title it will enable me to do a bit of everything. I'll try to bring you some links here and there but these will unfortunately be less of a regular thing for the time being. I guess a structure will form as I go along so bare with me. :)

Here goes for no 1...

In my purse...

Along with my Givenchy compact and Rouge Dior Grège 1947, I took out my beloved NARS Tolède this week. This color is just so perfect!!! It came out last spring as a limited edition and I know that once it's almost done I'll be on the hunt for a dupe! Caudalie Lip Conditionner and Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 06 Rosewood Shimmer also tagged along and were used frequently.




Makeup of the week...

I used pretty much the same items as last week except for the fact that I brought out Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner a few times and switched to my small size of Benefit They're Real! mascara for my Dior Iconic isn't doing as good for me anymore. It's become thicker and takes too long to apply. I'll probably use it a few more weekends and be done with it.

Yesterday I did a little experiment. In the morning I used Nuxe Crème Fraîche light and applied Bourjois' Healthy Mix foundation. What a pain!!! It took forever to blend in and in the end it didn't look that great on my nose. As much as I used to like this foundation (back when I did I didn't wear any face covering product everyday) I don't think I'll ever wear it again for it made my skin look flat and almost dry. Good thing I had the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette to give my face a bit of glow otherwise it would have looked like I was wearing a death mask! This foundation which by the way is a best seller might be one to try again with a primer on me but then I'd be stuck with three steps and honestly, I don't want to bother.




Nail of the week was Diorific 318 Frimas. Hopefully I'll be able to take a good picture for the review that's ready to post. It's such a hard color to photograph I may have no other choice than to bring you links of swatches because believe me I've tried but it always turns out either too warm or too cold. :(

Fragrance, these past 7 days was all about Dior Addict Eau Délice! I'm so glad I took advantage of Black Friday at Sephora. If I remember correctly there was a $6.00 markdown on the small size I purchased.




Catherine's first Chanel...

Many of you know that my daughter isn't into makeup, at all! At 14 she couldn't care less about mascara and lipstick and I must admit I was the same at her age. What she does like are nail polishes and recently she mentioned Chanel Taboo. I told her she could use it if she wanted but she looked at me almost in shock saying: "Mom, it's Chanel!" I was so surprised by her reaction, I of course told her, who cares, if you like it you can wear it, I didn't buy it to have it dry up on the shelf!

So this week I stumbled on pictures of Chanel's limited edition nail polishes for their holiday 2013 Nuit Infinie Collection. I called her up so she could have a look and she flipped when she saw Le Vernis in Cosmos!

Friday I stopped by the Chanel counter, got Cosmos and the SA wrapped it up for her. I think my baby was happy! I told her this one was all hers but she could still borrow mine whenever she wanted. I'm now sorry I didn't take a picture of it wrapped but hey, this was not for the blog but for her!  But I did keep the bow! :)




New additions...

I was a good girl! I purchased a replacement of Sephora's micellar cleanser (next time I'll get the large size, I wanted a 2nd bottle with the convenient pump) and a Marcelle CC cream because my Estée Lauder DayWear BB tube is now officially empty! I really liked it and might repurchase next summer.

Being this good just might enable me to get Chanel Accent blush after all! I swatched it again when I purchased Le Vernis Cosmos and I'm still soooo tempted!




I forgot to mention last week a new O.P.I nail lacquer from the Fall 2013 San Francisco Collection, Muir Muir On The Wall which was chosen by Catherine and will likely be this week's mani. In the bottle it looks like a beautiful deep plum with a gold metallic sheen.


For your viewing enjoyment...

With the holidays kind of here, I'm sure many of you will have special events and/or parties to go to. Makeup and clothes may be a done deal but what about nails? I'm not much into nail art myself but I've stumbled upon these tutorials from O.P.I that look so easy to do they could totally up you fashion game for Christmas and especially New Year's Eve. All the colors shown are from the O.P.I Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 Collection but you may already own similar colors.



I must admit that the Bling Ring Mani would probably be a go if I did have a special evening planned. I would totally do one accent nail as shown. If you keep on watching there's a beautiful Moonlight Mani tutorial done with O.P.I's Liquid Sand nail polishes that is quite simply stunning! One quick note, I do have a Liquid Sand and the formula lasts and lasts so taking the time to recreate this look would mean that you'd be set for the week! :)


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...