Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Sunday Post, Vol 2...

So, the weather has been getting pretty cold in Montreal which means that most smart people are starting to look like smaller versions of the Michelin man! The not so smart, well, they kind of look like sad icicles!

-28° Celsius with the windchill yesterday and it's only the beginning!

Last night we've had snow, lots of it and today it's still going down hard!

Sadly we can't look forward to be snowed in since as you may have guessed, Canada is pretty good with the white stuff and in my beautiful city the bus and metro network is quite amazing so whatever happens, to work I'll go!

In my purse...

Similar to last week although I did reach for Clinique Black Honey a few times in the morning and wear NARS Tolède more than Rouge Dior Grège during the day. My lips are a little dryer due to the cold weather so I'll be using my Caudalie Lip Conditioner more often under a creamier lippie. Needless to say that at night I've been applying a thick layer of my beloved Nuxe Rève de Miel lip balm.


I did a comparison of these two and the jar won by a mile!!!

This week's makeup love...

I used my new Marcelle CC as a base in the morning and it's been doing a fine job although my nose gets a little shinier in the afternoon. I'll have to keep a close watch because I'm feeling two little clogged pores on my right cheek so *fingers crossed* it's not the CC and just a case of poor cleansing. Powders and blush were all courtesy of Guerlain with Crazy Météorites, Crazy Terracotta and Madame Rougit.

Eyes enjoyed Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Fatal combined with Dior Velvet almost everyday with a little accent from the medium beige in Chanel Charming palette. Since the look was a bit darker I've been using Bobbi Brown gel liner in Caviar Ink and I must say I'm really starting to like it. For mascara, it was my little size of Benefit They're Real!


Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Caviar Ink.

Nail of the week was O.P.I Muir Muir On The Wall which was reviewed yesterday. A beautiful color but unfortunately not a hit.

Lastly for fragrances I started the week with Tocca Florence, a lovely light scent that I'll keep for spring so I'll wait before writing a review of it since I've only worn it a few times so far. On Tuesday I forgot to reach for anything and so stopped by a drugstore next to work and sprayed some Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy which I enjoyed quite a bit two years ago but never took time to review. I think I still have a sample left so I may write a little something about it in the new year. The rest of the week was again Dior Addict Eau Délice!

New additions...

Until Saturday morning I was such a good girl!!! I went into Sephora only once on Friday night to have a quick look at Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I didn't buy any beauty stuff!!!

What happened Saturday morning? Stacey, that Expat Makeup Addict who lives in Dubai had a blog sale! I caved in... again! I previously purchased Chanel Mystère from her and just couldn't resist getting Guerlain Terracotta La Sélection de L'Été!!! I sooo wanted that compact last summer but it wasn't available in Montreal. I can't wait for it to get here! Stacey still has some nice goodies up for grabs so do go have a look, here.

Oh I almost forgot, yesterday afternoon I purchased a Revlon lash curler. I've been having such a hard time with my Shiseido lately mainly due to the dark metal color. I've been having difficulty to see my lashes through it and so I've ended up either pinching my lids or worse, crimped up lashes. When I was able to use daylight to do my makeup in the morning it wasn't an issue but with a lamp it's totally different. Hopefully this inexpensive one will do for now.


Guerlain La Sélection de L'Été summer 2013.

Wants...

Chanel Accent blush from the holiday 2013 collection Nuit Infinie is still on my list! *sigh* Toward the end of the week I'll look into mascaras and will likely get Dior Iconic Curl. More lippies? Maybelline just came out with a nice nude collection that I have yet to see and I there's still NARS Dolce Vita that I would like to get. Remember my review of Clinique Black Honey Lip Duo? I'm thinking about replacing the lipstick since I've been reaching for it a few times in the morning but do not want to put it in my purse given the poor state my tube is in.

What's up with Cat?

Last week I mentioned giving Catherine her first Chanel Le Vernis and she did wear it but the lighting was so not good I wasn't able to take pictures of her nails. About three days in, it was ruined! She plays guitar at school and doesn't use a pick so it was kind of normal and had nothing to do with the formula.

On Thursday night she had her first Christmas show at school where she was to sing. The auditorium was filled with people, the show went brilliantly but... we could hardly hear her! The stupid music teacher had decided to bring in his wife to "accompany" Catherine and the two other girls selected for a rendition of The Beatles' Let It Be.

The result, a pseudo showcase of the music teacher's wife, apparently a "professional singer" who ended up messing up the words!!! I know, Let It Be is such a hard song to sing! Right?

The good thing in this, Catherine wasn't fazed out and took in in stride. She almost didn't go but decided that since she had given her word she would honor it. That's my girl!!! This week she's got another Christmas show and will sing again but this time it's the school's choir and I can't wait for that. I'll let you all know how it went next week!

For your viewing enjoyment...

Let It Be of course!



For some reason although I do know the song by heart I've never really payed any attention to the lyrics. They do indeed go with the season even if it's not a "Christmas" song.


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...