Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Sunday Post, Vol. 3...

Before you start...

Grab a cup of coffee or tea so you'll be all comfy to watch those videos at the end. They are definitely worth the extra time, believe me! :)

Christmas week...

For Catherine and I it will be a quiet one. I have three days off and so I think I'll spend them in my pyjamas, blogging a bit and watching movies with my girl. Some of you may have noticed that until now I haven't mentioned this holiday and haven't posted gift suggestions or any type of wish list as I did last year. Without my love my heart is just not in it. Although André wasn't a fan of Christmas he still was the one who made it special and now that he's gone I guess it'll take a few years for me to get back into the spirit of the season, if ever.

Weird to be buying my own gifts but I did spoil myself, a bit too much actually, I guess in a way I needed to compensate for his absence. The good thing this week is that I'm not working on the 24th and so it'll be less sad for me. I don't know how I would have felt getting home late on that day because for some reason the image of Scrooge coming home to and empty depressing house keeps popping in my mind. Now I'm nothing like Dickens' character of course and I'm blessed to have my daughter but it's the imagery that I keep thinking about especially since family is non existent anymore and our few friends will be away. I just hope it won't be too hard on Catherine.

By the way, I did get my baby a pretty special gift and if she allows me I'll show you a picture later next week. I still have to wrap it! She has requested a pretty paper with a smashing bow! :)


In my purse...

This week there were a few changes. On Monday we experienced our coldest day so far with a horrendous windchill factor of -28° Celsius! That morning by the time I got to the office my eye liner on the outer corners of my eyes was pretty much gone! In case you don't know, cold makes eyes react, they get all watery, especially from the cold wind! I decided to add the little Annabelle crayon purchased earlier this year to make corrections when needed. It would seem that I'm also hoarding a few more lipsticks!




In need of a little comfort...

With the colder weather I've been reaching for richer products a few times this week. I've been using Clinique All About Eyes in the morning, this eye cream is on the bland side and it's gel like texture gives me just enough extra moisture and it's perfect for under makeup. Nuxe Crème Fraîche has been getting a little love as well at night and so did Avène Cold Cream hand cream. This one is more moisturizing and is perfect before bed since it's richer and takes longer to penetrate than my beloved Caudalie. L'Occitane en Provence Ultra Rich Lotion for body is a new addition and I can't comment much on it yet since I've used it only three nights but I do think it'll be a favorite. Flannel pyjamas were a must this week, believe me!




Fragrances...

Yes they deserve a little paragraph this week. I've been enjoying a few and have totally fallen in love with a new one! *sigh* Roses de Chloé! I love the smell of roses on their own and Nic from Strawberry Blonde reviewed it recently and I must say that she had me at "rose garden" smell! I got a sample of it at Sephora and I do think that it will be on my birthday gift list to myself in April. You can read her review, here. Shalimar de Guerlain and Estée Lauder's Modern Muse haven't been reviewed yet but La Petite Robe Noire has. It still doesn't develop on me the way it does on others but I'm truly enjoying it more and more. By the way a new version is coming out soon and I can't wait to try it!




Nails...

I'm truly impressed!!! Chanel Le Vernis in Cosmic lasted the entire week!!! I didn't think I could wear it that long since it's sooo... black but I didn't have time to do another manicure and so on my nails it remained. The formula is just amazing. See for yourself on this picture below. I applied it last Sunday night and this was taken on Friday afternoon! Barely any tip wear and that's with no top coat whatsoever!




New additions...

Of course I did a little shopping this week and ended up getting a few essentials. Wanting to give my NARS Tolède a break and looking for a more moisturizing formula I did get Dolce Vita and I love it. I will review it soon. I replaced my Clinique Almost Lipstick Black Honey and finally purchased Diorshow Iconic Overcurl mascara! My splurge this week, L'Occitane en Provence Ultra Rich Lotion for body and two Voluspa Makassar Ebony & Peach candles.




For your viewing enjoyment...

As of yesterday I had no idea of what I would choose but my bloguerette buddy Sunny gave me the answer when she tweeted about the latest Cartier Winter Tale video.

If I would sell a kidney for a Guerlain Météorites compact I would likely sell a limb for a Cartier red box! Ok maybe just a toe but it does count as limb doesn't it?

Here are three and dreamy is what they are...








Then there is this most stunning of "commercial", that I did post last year, L'Odyssée de Cartier! Not a winter tale per say but it's just spectacular. Do notice the "transformation" at the beginning...




Know what I mean about those little red boxes? :)


I sincerely hope you all have a beautiful and joyous Christmas week! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...