Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Sunday Post, Vol. 4...

Right between Christmas and New Years! I'm sorry to say that I just can't wait to be mid-January and for all this to be over and done with!

Don't get me wrong, I do sincerely hope that everyone has had and is still having a great time. Time with family and friends and time to rest a little. I'm sorry I didn't leave comments on all of my beautiful bloguerettes friend's Christmas posts but my heart was just not in it.

It wasn't planned but I did end up writing a post on Christmas morning, for Catherine.

What did I get my girl? Up until the Thursday before Christmas I had no idea! What do you get a 14yrs old who has everything and isn't into beauty stuff? A charm bracelet!


Leather with a silver clasp the charms are a paw print for Fifi & Julius our fur babies, a music note for she now is on her way to become pretty good on both guitar and piano and the tiny one is an Infinity symbol for her Father who would tell her that he would love her for ever and ever...


In my purse...

Given that I've worked only two days this week there isn't much to say except that I'm really loving my new NARS Dolce Vita lipstick which I will review right after New Year.

This week's makeup love...

Well, I've actually enjoyed three no makeup days!!! Just cleansing and enjoying Nuxe Crème Fraîche as a moisturizer was bliss! Talk about relaxing and recharging my batteries! On Friday I discovered a great combination, Rouge Bunny Rouge blush in Starina and Rouge Dior Grège 1947!!! Love!


Rouge Bunny Rouge in Starina and Rouge Dior Grège 1947


Nails...

Tragedy!

On Sunday night I wanted to apply Diorific Minuit, my current favorite. The cap of the bottle had been left opened!!! I honestly have no idea how this could have happened. I still tried it on two fingers but it was thick and took a long time to dry. I just couldn't take the chance of it not hardening enough before bed time so I went with Diorific Frimas instead. Of course Diorific Minuit is now sold out everywhere! :(

New additions...

Wanting to save my beloved Diorific Minuit, I stopped by a specialty shop for a nail polish thinner and purchased Essie Fluid-e. I'll keep you posted. I also bought a nail glue from the brand Kiss. For some reason both my thumb nails have horizontal cracks that even if I file them off keep reappearing so I plan on fortifying the tips with it. I'll let you know how that goes.

On Monday morning, before going in for work, I had finally decided to get Chanel Accent blush but ended up being tricked! Sneaky Chanel counter! Seems they were out of the holiday edition and replaced it on the display case with another which came out last fall with no fanfare. When I got to my office and opened it to take pictures (the lighting there is better) I was puzzled by the color.

I ended up with Joues Contraste in 85 Évocation!


Notice the little piece of paper on the side of Évocation, that's the receipt! 


I'm still not sure if I will keep or exchange it since this is not the one I wanted! I know it's my fault for waiting so long but now I think it was a good thing. I just realised that Starina from Rouge Bunny Rouge is quite similar (according to pictures I've seen) and so I think it will do just fine. :)

Finally I purchased more candles at Chapters where they were finally on sale at 50% off. I got two more Voluspa, this time in Chestnut & Vetiver and a big Indigo brand, Red Currant and Vanilla which was lit on Christmas Eve.


For your viewing enjoyment, a bit of fun from Guerlain...




Have a great week everyone! xoxo Hélène



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...