Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Chanel Le Vernis, Charivari...

In it's latest collection, Notes de Printemps, Chanel released two new nail polishes which will join the regular line up. #605 Tapage, a bright coral red which I had hoped would have a little more pink is a beautiful color but I preferred to go with #603 Charivari.

Chanel Le Vernis #603 Charivari...

Looking at the bottle we see a beautiful deep eggplant, smokey plummy purple. Creamy gorgeousness and just my kind of color. Seeing swatches all over the blogosphere I just couldn't wait to get my hands on it. 




As usual, Chanel's formula is perfect! It goes on like a dream, a little streaky on the first coat but the second one levels everything up. Surprisingly on the second day it was already loosing some of it's shine so a top coat is definitely a requirement and I would say a gel would be preferable. 

The hick...

On my fingers the color is not that striking! It looks great in the sun or under spotlights like one sees in pictures but in everyday lighting it's pretty ordinary and I didn't get to admire the color much. I did wear it an entire week and whether at home, office or in the metro it never really wowed me the way it does in the bottle.




Again, it's a beautiful color in the bottle and although you get to see the color on the pictures above, natural light on the left and a soft light on on the right, in real life, on me it doesn't look that way. 

Mmm maybe I need glasses!  

A bit of a miss for me but not a total loss for I do believe I will enjoy it more on my toes later this spring paired with a brighter color on my fingers.

Gosh I can't wait for warmer temps!


Have you started to think about mani-pedi colors for spring? :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...