Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Diorshow Fusion Mono Matte in Nocturne...

Dior's spring 2014 collection, Trianon, was quite tempting on pictures but in real life a bit of a let down. To me the colors turned out a little too pastel, a little too light and I simply knew I wouldn't wear them much so I passed. What did grab my attention was the launch of the new Diorshow Fusion Mono Matte eye shadows...

Diorshow Fusion Mono Matte 091 Nocturne...




Nocturne is a beautiful dark charcoal grey, almost black but not quite. Thankfully it's not a real matte, it's got a beautiful gentle shimmer to it which on lids translates to a soft satiny finish. Under certain lights you can see the micro teal and silver glitters but it's rather subtle especially compared to others I purchased recently, namely Chanel Fatal and Diapason.




Described as a mousse formula, this eye shadow is very easy to work with. I personally prefer using a regular eye shadow brush but I know some like to use a concealer brush. It goes on almost like a powder but without the fall out and with this type of dark color this is a big plus. The little Dior brush that comes with Nocturne will make it darker but don't expect it to look like it does in the jar. It does have good color payoff but you'll have to pack it on thick if you want the same initial darkness. One big plus, you get a little more time for blending than with Chanel Illusion d'Ombre which sets almost on contact.


The first swatch on the left of each picture was made using the little Dior brush, 
the others, 2 passes with my finger. The picture on the right is under soft 
lighting and you can see the glitter which is quite mild.




In my opinion this is the kind of color we all need, Diorshow in Nocturne is a beautiful basic to give more dept to your look, for a smokey eye if you're daring enough or to be used as a liner.

Diorshow Fusion Mono in Nocturne lasted a good 9 hours on me layered over NARS Pro-Prime eye shadow base without creasing and no transfer to my upper lids. I paired it with Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Fatal and the look was pretty amazing.

There are three other Diorshow Fusion Mono Matte colors available...


Céleste, Fantaisie and Mirage


Céleste is pretty matte but both Fantaisie and Mirage have a bit of a gentle velvety sheen to them which makes them look very natural. They are, like Nocturne, on the sheer side and in my opinion, totally worth a swatch. There's a good chance I may end up with one or two more especially since you get a generous 6.5 g of product for $32.00 compare to Chanel Illusion d'Ombres' 4 g for $38.00.


What do you think about these, tempted?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...