Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

The Perfume Tag...


I was tagged by lovely ChicScience!


Which perfumes are finished?

I thought I would "cheat" a little on this one because at first I just didn't know which I would choose. In recent years I've been more about body oils, Liérac and Nuxe to be more specific, you can read about both, here. These, instead of fragrances per say were my go to and were perfect for the stay at home mom I was. So the cheating part was that I thought I would write about these and the many samples I've emptied but instead I figured, why not do a little trip down memory lane and go with some of my favorites? Some from way back when and some more recent.


Here goes...




Eau de Givenchy

I haven't worn this one in years and taking it out of it's box brought back many delightful memories. The cap is broken and doesn't stay put, in fact I think I broke it the very first week arfter purchasing it. For some reason it makes me smile every time. A beautiful daytime white floral which opens with grapefruit, mandarin orange and bergamot. I then deepens with ylang-ylang, jasmine, narcissus and even rose with a hint of lily-of-the-valley. A summer scent that is fresh and elegant but that doesn't take itself too seriously.


Chanel, Coco Le Parfum

With it's opening of coriander, mandarin orange, peach, rose and jasmine this is a stunning oriental. It came out in 1984 at the height of Opium's popularity. For me, Yves Saint-Laurent's juice which I did wear and loved, had nothing to take me away from Coco. I switched in a heart beat. Love at first smell! Sadly I think I threw away the bottle because I couldn't find it. I'm just not sure, who knows it's probably at the bottom of a drawer or a box somewhere. I never really got on board with Coco Mademoiselle but recently my friend Sunny sent me a sample of Coco Noir and I do believe I'll end up purchasing it.




Gucci N° 1

Another white floral that opens with mandarin orange, ylang-ylang, bergamot and lemon. It then reveals a blend of lily, violet, lilac, jasmine, iris, rose and again some lily-of-the-valley. I see a strong pattern forming here as far as my preferences go... I wore this one so much, it didn't matter if it was summer or winter. It too always put a smile on my face and made me feel grown up. Well, grown up with a twist!


Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò

Such a dreamy fragrance! A mixture of aquatic and fruity notes. Grapes, pineapple, citrus, watermelon with ylang-ylang, freesia and hyacinth. So different yet so familiar. This one I stopped wearing because there was someone in my not so immediate entourage who kept copying me and after she had been at my house she purchased it. This was not the first time, not the first fragrance! I got Acqua di Giò before everyone else (insider's contact) and although I knew it was gaining in popularity I was really unhappy by the fact that in order to know which fragrance I was wearing she had gone through my things! She really did! I know that to be copied is a form of flattery but when it comes from a person we don't really like and behaves this way it's a little unnerving.

It took me years to reconcile with it and by the time I did, I wanted to repurchase to have a back up, I discovered it had been discontinued and "replaced" by Acqua di Gioia which doesn't have the same beautiful ending, the deep warmth of it's predecessor. Woody and musky, so sexy!


Trésor de Lancôme

A floral that's bordering oriental it was quite à propos at the time it came out in 1990. With a wink to some popular offerings of the time, the heavier orientals, it turned out to be quite a favorite of mine. A nice change from Coco it still had such warmth with it's rose, apricot and iris. It took me a while to appreciate it but I did like it a lot and still enjoy it from time to time. This was the fragrance I was wearing when Catherine was born!


Issey Miyaké L'Eau d'Issey

Aquatic, white, springtime! This is such a beautiful fragrance with it's lotus, freesia, melon. No citrus notes here but I don't miss them. This is probably one of the fragrances that made me feel the most elegant, the most "put together" but yet I wore it with flip flops! With a stunning black top, Capri pants and jewelled flip flops, this one is oh so perfect! This fragrance has a transparency, a certain je ne sais quoi that makes heads turn. So subtle it's like, oh what did I just miss?


You can read ChicScience's tag post here. Now I want to try Hermès Concentré D'Orange Verte!!!


What's the last fragrance you finished or have you ever emptied a bottle?


If this inspired you, feel free to do this tag too, it was fun! :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...