Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Clinique High Impact Mascara...

I don't know why I practically discarded this mascara a few years back! I thought it didn't hold the curl and so I used the small sizes I had for the tips of my lashes. I received a new mini in my latest Clinique gift with purchase and figured why not give it another chance?

Clinique High Impact Mascara...

On the first try I thought it was sticky when I curled my lashes but that was due to the fact I didn't wait long enough for it to dry. On the second, not only did it resist the heat of my hair dryer (I heat my curler, it's the only way my lashes can stay curl all day) but it did keep the curl and stayed pretty true for a good 10 hours!




The formula...

Goes on smoothly, not too wet and not too dry. Not as stiff as Benefit They're Real! but not as soft as Givenchy. So far I haven't had any clumps or flakes and putting it on in the morning is petty much a breeze.




The brush...

As you know I love my brushes! This one works like a charm and compare to my Diorshow Iconic (the one on top on the picture above) you can see that there's more space between the bristles and so it's much easier to apply a second coat. It's your typical boring classic brush but it does the job well and the pointy tip is perfect to reach those pesky little lashes in the inner corners of the eyes.

Do I recommend Clinique High Impact Mascara? Yes.

It's an excellent mid range ($19.00 CAD) mascara that does the job well, covers evenly, keeps the curl all day which for me is a biggie and doesn't flake of fade.

I'm suspecting it might reach HG status because I do believe I will purchase the full size once my Dior is done. How come I didn't like it the first time around? I just don't know why or maybe it's my lashes that have changed who knows? :)


Was there ever a makeup item that you weren't that impressed with at first but were pleased with the second time around?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...