Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 12...

Writer's block...

I don't know if it's because I'm tired or stressed these days but this past week I've struggled putting words together. I usually try to write my posts on weekends but last week I was too preoccupied to write anything remotely good enough to consider putting online even though I did have a few nice offerings to review. I mean how hard is it to write a review? Well, in some cases it can be tricky since I don't want to sound too redundant although it sometimes is pretty unavoidable.

I'm glad to say that yesterday I got my inspiration back and was able to write a few posts for the upcoming week! Fewww! :)

This week's makeup love...

For the past month or so I've been getting watery eyes in the morning. Trying to experiment and figuring out what's the cause has been a pain! I still don't know if it's my NARS Pro-Prime, eye shadows, concealer or a combination of all that's causing the problem. I know it's not mascara but could it be setting powder? I just don't know! I feel like I'm slowly turning into Katherine Hepburn (she developed an eye condition after jumping in the Venice Lagoon in a David Lean movie in the 50s). Some mornings I'll think I'm safe and then after 5 minutes waiting in the cold for the bus, boom! Watery eyes! I now have to use my little Annabelle crayon when I get to work to correct my eye liner. :(




This week's eye makeup has been pretty much on the neutral side again. My Diorshow Velvet has been getting a lot of love and I'm thinking about getting more monos. The texture is dreamy and so are the finish and lasting power. Cement, Beige and Slate from my Bobbi Brown Navy & Nude palette have continued to be staples and I've been enjoying Black Honey from my Clinique All About Shadow 8-Pan palette on a few mornings.

Oops! Is that a new lipstick? You got it and the review will be posted this week! :)

New purchases and a gift...




A small size of A-Derma micellar water, a new Vichy deodorant (I know, exciting, right?) and that new lipstick! The gift, Chanel Coco Noir!!! Such a beautiful and thoughtful end of winter treat! It's not on the picture because it deserves a more appropriate setting. I mean come on! It's Chanel! :)

What I have my eyes on...

It's Estée Lauder bonus time at The Bay and so I'll go have a closer look at their new range of lipsticks. There's a crayon from Smashbox I'm considering. I swatched it several times and it seems to wear like iron! I would love to have a faster eye liner option in the morning but so far all the long wear crayons I've tried don't perform well on me so I'll see. Chanel is coming out with a new range of eye shadow quads and I get the feeling I'll be licking the display if they've received them...


Screen shot from The Bay website.


For your viewing enjoyment...

This week has been extremely cold in Montreal, again... and it seems this upcoming week will be pretty much the same! I'm soooo tired of this and you wouldn't believe the heating bills I'm getting! I thought it would be fun to fast forward and have a peek at a summer look from Dior.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDRuP2XNBQ8

I find the end result a little heavy but do notice the blush application. For older ladies (or not) this is a good trick if you have slightly droopy upper eye lids. When done right it can take 5 years off, I'm not kidding! I must admit that I've been doing this for years for the look but now it's for the 5 years thing! :(

Using a bit of blush over bronzer, where the sun would naturally hit the face, makes the look much more natural, like a bit of fake sunburn which would tell others you've been having fun outside.

One last note, I'm surprised Dior didn't choose to showcase the new bronzers that will be available for summer. Not quite as colorful as last year's Coral Glow (mine is still in hibernation) but beautifully stunning!

Oh gosh I can't wait for the weather to warm up!


Have a great week everyone Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...