Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 14...

Tragedy!

I lost my beloved Givenchy compact!!!

I just can't believe it, it's nowhere to be found and now I think it fell of the stupid bag I'm using at the moment since I almost lost one of my Dior lipsticks on Tuesday. It gave me a pretty good idea of how it happened.

This makes me sad because it was one of the first purchases I made last year that got me back into makeup. As some of you know I love a beautiful compact and this one was way up there for me. Small, with a nifty clap and slide mechanism, it was perfect for touch ups. True, the mirror wasn't ideal due to its size but I got used to it and enjoyed the fact I could powder my nose quickly and discreetly.

I could have replaced it but it wouldn't have been the same. For some reason I had developed an attachment to it, almost as if it had become part of me. This may sound slightly silly to some but hey, last year wasn't easy for me and every bit of pleasure I got meant a lot and this little compact gave me some.

Maybe this is a message to tell me ok, you're done with this first year now let's move on...

So, moving on, I asked my friend Sunny from Mostly Sunny for recommendations for a new compact. She too battles a shiny nose on a daily basis and I figured who better to ask? Why wasn't I surprised when she tweeted back to tell me her favorite was from Guerlain? I mean this company does make the best powders!

I think we should start a club, The Guerlain Powderpuff Girls!!!

Catchy isn't it?

Who wants to be a crime oilies fighter? :D

Her best, Guerlain Les Voilettes. To the store I went but I was doubtful it was still available and when I got there my worries were confirmed. This compact was released last Christmas and for Canada it turned out to be a Limited Edition! *cries* Why? It appears to be part of the regular line in Europe so why not here?

I left the Guerlain counter empty handed (well almost, I got a few more La Petite Robe Noire Couture samples) and landed at Chanel where I got Les Beiges in N°10.

I do believe I'm gonna like it, I'm gonna like it a lot!

It's only been a few days but I like both the texture and finish. Due to the Chanel logo this compact is a little more "in your face" so not as discreet as my Givenchy but hey I'm not gonna flaunt it but I sure as hell ain't gonna hide it.

This week's makeup love...

I wore Diorshow Velvet eyeshadow almost everyday this week with either a Clinique or NARS shadow as a base. I think of all the colors I like to use at the moment this is the easiest to wear on an everyday basis. It's just perfect for my eye color and looks great with everything. It goes on like a dream, buildable, no fall out and the best is that it lasts all day. With it, no head banging on the wall in the morning trying to figure out what makeup to wear.




I've been testing this NARS Orgasm/Laguna compact and it ain't bad, ain't bad at all. M.A.C. Whole Lotta Love has been gettin' some again this week. Constant purse companions, Rouge Dior in Charnelle and Givenchy Rouge Interdit in Secret Pink.

Update of sort on a past review...

One thing I've noticed these past few weeks that made me go huh? I love my Bobbi Brown Navy & Nude palette but the more I use it and the more I see its flaws. The mattes are great and so I use them a lot, on a daily basis actually, especially Cement and Slate but the satiny shades, if not used as bases simply won't blend in. In other words, if I try to use Beige or Twilight Pink over a matte (or any other color for that matter) they seem to just sit on top. It really is the weirdest thing and I have no idea why I didn't notice this sooner.

Nails...

I'm still alternating between Chanel Coup de Coeur and Guerlain Madame Batifole. I haven't felt the urge to go for lighter colors yet and it sure won't happen today since we're in the middle of a spring snow storm in Montreal! I hate winter and I can't wait to be done with it! This week it'll be Coup de Coeur again.

New additions...

The Chanel Les Beiges compact, a new Diorshow mascara and the week before last I finally purchased a Shu Uemura lash curler (that review is coming soon).




Currently testing...

I'm not keen on trying new skin care in general. Except for my love of trying new cleansers my routine is pretty much set in stone for now but this little number I just couldn't resist.




Phyt's is a French skin care brand created in 2003, distributed to skin care and beauty professionals, it's certified Organic, does no animal testing and has no bad chemicals. I chose the Hyaluronic Acid mask and my first trial was more than pleasant. This brand also has a cosmetic line and I was offered a mascara (yay!). I'll let you know how I got to try these and more about each real soon.

What I have my eyes on...

Again, nothing much really. Since I've had to replace my compact I'll have to wait to get a new BB cream. Fingers crossed my Marcelle CC Cream still has enough in the container for another two weeks. There's a good chance I'll go back to Estée Lauder since I had such good results last year and the tube lasted about four months. I ended up loving Marcelle but it made my nose a little shinier so I don't think it'll be that great once the weather warms up... One day soon I hope!

For your viewing enjoyment...

Did I mention we were having a snow storm at the moment???

Let's dream a little with Dior...






Fingers crossed for all this snow to be melted by next week!

Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...