Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Chanel Les Beiges N° 10...

As some of you know recently I lost my beloved Givenchy compact and true, I could have replaced it with another identical one but for some reason, didn't want to. I guess I had developed some sort of attachment to it and without going into much details, again, I decided to go for something completely different...

Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder (Poudre Belle Mine Naturelle) in N°10...




Although I'd been wanting a Chanel Compact for a while now I don't think Les Beiges would have been my first choice especially since I much prefer their black compacts to this one but hey, I needed something to use during the day and since spring is just around the corner (or so we hope) I figured that going for a powder with a little color would be a good option. Even if I'm very careful about the sun I still get a bit of a tan and a pale or translucent powder can sometimes leave a lite white cast even if super finely milled.

The name...

Poudre Belle Mine... In English could be translated into "Pretty Face" which is quite charming when you think of it.

The presentation of Chanel Les Beiges is as it should be, classic, simple and luxurious! It comes with an elegant black velvet pouch and a good brush nestled on a plastic protector.




Chanel Les Beiges in N°10 is almost perfect! The color is surprisingly natural and the texture is quite nice. I'll be honest and admit that I do prefer Guerlain powders but since Les Voilettes wasn't available in a compact version and there was no way I was going to spend $140+ for the Météorites compact, Chanel will do nicely for now, hence the "almost perfect".




I chose Les Beiges in N°10 which is the lightest shade but there seems to be some different options depending on where you live as far as the color range is concerned. It appears that in Europe it starts with N°20 going up to N°60 but here in Canada it goes from N°10 to N°50! Also looking at pictures online I believe that N°10 is slightly paler than the European N°20. I may be wrong and correct me if need be but one has to admit, Chanel can be so confusing sometimes!

One note about the color, it is darker in the pan than a traditional "touch up" powder but again, it's finely milled and so this means that it's very sheer and I get the feeling I could have gotten N°20 and still would have been pleased for it's that fine and natural looking. Do note that my skin tone is very pale, if I remember correctly it's around to NC15 on the M.A.C scale for those who know what that means. In other words, in winter I'm super pale! I can easily imagine the darker Chanel Les Beiges options used as lite bronzers for fair skinned gals. You really must try them to know what I mean.

How does Chanel Les Beiges perform? Very nicely.

N°10 is more matte than my Guerlain Crazy Météorites but since it's also a super finely milled powder it still produces a natural look as a finishing powder due some faint light reflecting particles. These are almost unoticeable and you really must look at it up close to see them but they are there.

How does it control my shiny nose?

Not as good as Givenchy. Recently, before I lost it, I would use Les Plumetis two times during the day but must take out Chanel at least three times. I can't really vouch for last summer since I was at home and didn't mind the shine as much but I get the feeling that Les Beiges won't be that effective once the weather really warms up and so I'm predicting having to use it four to five times during the day

Do I recommend Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder (Poudre Belle Mine Naturelle)? 

Yes if you have normal to dry skin for I believe you would be very pleased with the finish. If you have normal to oily skin my guess is you will end up taking it out of your purse more often than not for touch ups but hey, the compact is stunning!

What I don't like about it...

Please somebody tell me, what the heck to I do with the plastic protector??? Do I keep it to avoid damaging the powder's surface or do I ditch it and put the brush directly on the powder?


See? What do I do?


I didn't have that dilemma with Givenchy. That compact was soooo smart! I didn't have to worry about the brush damaging the powder since it was tucked into a little "drawer" under the powder, see it, here (I know, I know I've linked back to it so many times but hey, it was a winner in my book). Now with Chanel Les Beiges I'm at a lost! In fact I do believe I would have preferred a little powder puff instead of a brush... This makes it very awkward to use and not as quick and discreet as Les Plumetis.

I'll admit I'm glad to have this compact but at the same time I know I'll end up getting another Givenchy eventually unless (maybe even if) Guerlain makes Les Voilette available in a compact version for Canada because after all I do believe I've become hooked on their powders...

Have you heard of "The Guerlain Powderpuff Girls"? I think I'm on to something, what do you think? Sunny of Mostly Sunny approved so what say you? :) 

And...

What do you "Powderpuff Girls" like to use during the day to tone down a shiny nose?


 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...