Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

NARS Orgasm/Laguna Duo...

This blush gets either love or hate with no real middle ground. I swatched it a few years back and hated it steering clear of it every time to go to a NARS counter but recently, because of Liz the Beauty Reductionista extraordinaire I've decided to give it a go aaaand, erm... Now love it!!!




Huh? Me loving a glittery/blush! I think I've lost it completely! I'm on a dangerous slope guys, first eye shadows and now blushes???

NARS Orgasm/Laguna Blush/Bronzing Powder Duo...

I've been eyeing this duo for about a year! Really, I'm not joking! As much as I wanted to try NARS Laguna bronzer, I didn't want to spend over $40.00 for it especially since I already have *cough* a "few" bronzers, way more than my face can take! What kept stopping me from getting this little $27.00 compact was that monster of a blush...

Orgasm...

Afraid of looking like a Disco Ball!!! Good thing that style of music is long gone!

Just so you know, I hated disco music and still do!




First let me say that the name is a total turn off to me! Ok maybe the choice of words here is a bit wrong but what can I say...   This blush was made to give one the "after you know what" lite heated glow on the face color! Erm... I don't think it does quite that but the color is lovely. A beautiful coral peach with micro gold glitter and yes, you do have to be careful with it otherwise you just might look like a glittery dancing fool from the 70s who just woke up in the age of gentle satiny shimmer.


No Disco Balls Allowed!!!

Laguna...

For some reason I thought NARS Laguna bronzer was matte but it's not. I must admit that I did swatch it a few times but never really noticed neither color nor the finish. Dumb I know but this is what happens to me with the products that Sephora puts in those bins just by the cash registers... You know the ones that make you spend that extra $20.00 almost every time you go there? Similar to Terracotta in 01, unlike Guerlain it too has micro glitter but less so than Orgasm. It's lovely and it works well with my skin tone! You may have noticed that it almost looks muddy in the pan but on my face it's perfect.


Laguna next to Terracotta 01


My skin tone is quite fair and I have some redness on my cheeks so I have to be extra careful with bronzers. Muddy or orange are not looks I go for and even if I always go with a light touch some colors just don't work.

Laguna as a nice bronzer to define my face and add a touch of sun but due to the micro shimmer it can easily emphasize my pores and wearing both Orgasm and Laguna at the same time is not an option for me.


Here both appear cooler than the first picture on top. It really
depends on the lighting and I think this is why these can be
worn by so many different skin tones. Sorry, I know it's a 
little crooked! Ok it's a lot crooked!


How I've used them so far...

I love either one over my matte Terracotta for a bit of oomph! On their own as mentioned, they just seem to get stuck in my pores making them more visible and giving me a frosty/shiny look which is weird since I don't get that effect with neither Diorskin Nude Tan in Coral Glow nor with Guerlain Crazy Terracotta who both also do have micro glitter... Hmm I think the difference here is micro shimmer which is quite different. No specs just "satinyness"...

Argh! I sure do I'm making sense here!


Here is another pathetic attempt at swatches. Grrr! 
Still I think you can get a pretty good idea of the shimmer. 
One really has to be careful with Orgasm on the left. 

Ok so my usual suspects are satiny and Orgasm comes out as sparkly on my skin! Again, I sure do hope I'm making sense here. You really have to see it in real life because pictures (mine aren't that great so don't rely on them) can only give a two dimensional renditions that can look flat.

For Laguna I've done: Terracotta, Laguna with a touch of Guerlain Madame Batifole.

For Orgasm I've done: Terracotta with a touch of Orgasm on both top of cheeks and lightly swiped on upper lids.

I can't wait for the weather to warm up because I get the feeling I'll enjoy that little compact more on sunny days with light colored clothes.

The size is perfect if you want to get a taste of Orgasm but even more so for Laguna. Don't be scared of either, you really have to try them because on face is quite different than on one's hand or arm and if ever your verdict is that neither are for you, well, they can both be used on the eyes! Really, I'm not joking!

So, thanks Liz (or is it Blush Mistress now?), for mentioning this little monster that is Orgasm I've stepped out of my comfort zone and I'm quite happy about it! :)

When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...