Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 17...

So many products to review and so little time!!!

These days I'm stuck with a pretty horrible work schedule which means that I hardly have any time during the week for blogging. Weekends? Well I do the most I can but there are chores to do and mostly I want to spend time with my daughter. A few weeks ago we played a game of Shrek 2 on the Wii and I think this afternoon it could be fun to bring out Crash Bandicoot especially since the weather is not so nice today. Grey and cold, again! 

Like I said, I have several new products to review and little time to do it! Oh well, I can only promise to do my best and hope you all stick around! :)

This week's makeup love...

I've been enjoying this new Dior Hydra Life BB Creme. Experimenting with layering these two Diorshow mascaras and kind of liking the Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kôhl Liner. Erm.. notice what's getting ready to make an appearance this upcoming week, Diorskin Nude Tan Paradise in Coral Glow... It's coming out of hibernation, yes it is!!!




Update... I'm allergic to my Shu Uemura lash curler!!! 

This doesn't surprise me but I was hoping that I would be ok with it like I was with Shiseido which did cause a reaction when I first started to use it but I guess I was able to build a resistance to it's type of metal. Not the case with Shu Uemura! Out comes the red nail polish to serve as a protector between the curler and my skin. The reaction I get is a type of reddish rash that kind of builds up over time. The first weeks I was fine but these past few days I've been starting to feel the irritation where the metal gets in contact with my skin, especially inner and outer corners or my eyes.




Years ago I used transparent nail polish but then wouldn't know if it had peeled off so a color works way better. I think I've put O.P.I The Thrill Of Brazil to good use. :)

New additions...

A Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kôhl Liner in Storm, Shiseido Sun Protection Compact and some Yves Rocher shower gels. I just can't remember the last time I went in one of their boutiques but these offerings were way too tempting at 3 for $15.00. For my hair which will soon start to go nuts with humidity, in fact it has a few times already, I got Phytodéfrisant by Phyto with which I'm hoping to see results in frizz taming and I also purchased a new hair brush which is suppose to resist the heat of the blow dryer better and be strong enough for my hair. We'll see...




What I have my eyes on...

So many beauty things!!! Guerlain Terracotta Sun Celebration Bronzing Powder & Blush, talk about a beautiful compact! I've been wanting that one for weeks but then I saw Terra Tropica! I believe (I'm kinda sure) one will be my mother's day gift to myself but which??? Then there are a few limited edition offerings from Chanel and Dior...  I know I won't be able to get everything I want but I'll sure swatch to my heart's content! Oh I almost forgot, there's Terracotta Le Parfum!!! This fragrance sounds positively dreamy with it accords of bergamot, coconut and tiare flower for a start and a heart of jasmine, ylang-ylang and orange blossom mixed in with musk and vanilla. This to me sounds like summer!


Guerlain Terracotta Sun Celebration


Guerlain Terra Tropica


Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfum


I think I should probably hand my wallet over to my Guerlain counter... but I need clothes and shoes!!! I did find a tote bag and a pair of jeans but now need tops and a few pairs of Capri pants. Last summer, clothes were not that important since I was still at home but I now work full time and so I do have to make myself presentable.

*Le Sigh*

For your viewing enjoyment...

While on the subject, how to apply bronzer by who else? Guerlain of course!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXE1mp0_mGA


Have a great week everyone! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...