Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2014

L'Oréal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara...

To find a mascara that will hold the curl all day... Is it too much to ask for, is it an impossible concept?

Wait till I do a round up post of all the ones I've tried in the past twelve months or so... Crazy, just crazy!

Since so far I just can't seem to be pleased with any of the ones I use in rotation except for Dior Iconic reviewed, here, I figured the next step would be going for a waterproof formula. This is something I wanted to avoid because they usually are such a pain to remove. I know, I know one simply has to use a bi-phase eye makeup remover but I always end up with "clouds" in my eyes which equals in irritation. 

Anyways, I guess a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

L'Oréal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof...


This picture I posted on Instagram last week.


On special at less than $8.00 when I purchased it last week, it was a bit of an impulse buy. For some reason I thought it would be if not improved at least similar to the original Voluminous Waterproof which I've repurchased several times over the years but with a new packaging. 




Not quite! Actually I should say, not even close!

The brush is made of plastic and is a little reminiscent of Benefit They're Real! but maybe a little less scary, less spiky looking and the wand is slightly more solid than L'Oréal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess reviewed, here. I must admit that I prefer this brush to Excess, it's shorter and easier to work with. I believe the main problem with this waterproof version is the container's opening. Tight, it doesn't leave enough product on the brush. It separates lashes beautifully but leaves barely any color on then and this translates into no volume, no volume at all!

Remember, it's called Voluminous! On the package it also said "Multiplied Maximized Volume"


Top, Voluminous Million LashesWaterproof 
Bottom, Voluminous Million Lashes Excess


As mentioned, I've used the original Voluminous waterproof in the past and was always pleased with it except for the fact that it truly was a pain to remove but this one sadly, is not really an improved version. Separation and some length, yes but volume, forget it unless you're prepare to spend at least ten minutes applying coats after coats of it.

I tried it as a "base" to separate my lashes thinking that as a first coat it might help hold the curl better but not so. At the end of the day it didn't make any difference and was as anticipated, hard to remove. 

Would I recommend L'Oréal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof? Sadly, no.

Unless you have gorgeous long and full lashes that only need a little definition to begin with, this one won't do much for you unless you're prepared to apply five coats or more! It does receive some rave reviews but for me it just didn't work.

Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 4 / 5 lippies for 140 reviews.
Beauté-test: 3.1 / 5 stars for 90 reviews.


I guess should have stuck to the original L'Oréal Voluminous Waterproof formula! :(


Have you ever been disappointed by "improved" versions of old favorites?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...