Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream...

Recently I fell in love with Dior Hydra Life BB Crème (reviewed, here) but on hot days it's a little heavy and so I'm not looking for an affordable tinted moisturizer with SPF, BB cream or whatever the denomination cream for summer I decided to give this one a try when it was 50% off. At $10.00 instead of $20.00, why not?

The Body Shop All-In-One BB cream...

A cream that transforms from white to beige with the warmth of the skin, I chose the color 01 the second lightest shade, noted as suitable for light skin tones.




The Body Shop website description:

Our new All-In-One BB cream transforms from a white cream to suit your skin tone. Pigment-filled capsules burst when applied to the skin, releasing the colour inside. Just blend for a perfect match and an even, undetectable finish. It’s make-up and skincare in one.
  • Adapts to your skin tone
  • Light to medium coverage
  • Even finish
  • 24-hour hydration
  • Non-clogging
Texture and coverage...

First off I wouldn't call this a BB cream but more a tinted moisturizer since it doesn't have that cake frosting texture these base products usually have. It's sheer, too sheer in fact and applies streaky! This means I have to even it out with a sponge and, well, I end up with almost no coverage once I'm done!

Too oily for my combination skin there's no way I could go for a second layer especially since it oxidizes a little, something that hasn't happened to me in years! Even using a ton of powder, after about an hour of wear my skin still feels sticky and I can see my skin is more orange and that's a no no for me. After two hours or so I'm left with no color whatsoever! It doesn't stay on my skin and I'm not even that oily!!!

Too sheer, feels oily, oxidizes, disappears...

Would I recommend The Body Shop All-In-One BB cream? Sadly I don't think I can.

The nail in the coffin for me is the no SPF!

Truly when I purchased it I didn't notice the lack of sun protection and even at half price I would have skipped. I guess I was too busy looking at the Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder, reason why I went to The Body Shop in the first place and boy am I glad I like that one reviewed, here.

I guess The Body Shop All-In-One BB cream could probably be fine over a sunscreen on someone with dry skin but for me it wouldn't work plus, I want a one step product for everyday. The reviews are mixed about this product but many do like it so if you think this could be an option for you do try to get a sample first.

Me, I'm looking for a one step option to moisturize, color and protect. The Body Shop All-In-One BB cream isn't for me. For now, even if it does feel a little heavy on warmer days, Dior remains my go to.

Reviews:

Makeup Alley: 3.2 / 5 lippies for 45 reviews.
Beauté-test: 3.2 / 5 stars for 44 reviews.


Do you have a one-step-go-to product for mornings when you want to be quick about it, which is it?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...