Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Sunday Post, Vol. 24...

Going on an almost no-buy!

Oh my, this is such a boring statement but hey, I gotta do what I gotta do! I'm not such a big spender in the first place but I do purchase a little more than the average woman when it comes to beauty items. This past month I've toned it down quite a bit and it's showing, yay!

Yesterday I did my last bit of clothes chopping, found an nice pair or sandals and so now I'm good for summer. I finally have my basic wardrobe which means more money in the bank for a while... Ok maybe not all of it since it's summer and I want to treat my girl but let's just say that big beauty items are off my list for now... except for one... maybe... After all I did say, almost!  :)

One more note...

So sorry I haven't caught up on comments for over a week! Please do not stop it's just that I haven't had much time.

This week's makeup love...




I'm truly enjoying theBalm eye shadows (review coming soon), they are highly pigmented, go on smooth and have good lasting power. The Meet Matt(e) palette combined with my Clinique palette which has more satiny shades work so well together that I haven't considered any of the new limited edition palettes that are available at the moment.

My bronzers of the week...




Since it's summer and I have *cough* a few bronzers I figured, why not? Believe me, I do use them all, not at the same time of course! This week it was The Body Shop Honey bronzer in 02, Guerlain Terracotta in 01 aaaaand my last year's favorite, Diorskin Nude Tan in Coral Glow! That baby is being treasured and used only a few times a week. I want it to last and last and last...

Nails...




For the past two weeks it's been Dior Mirage on toes and Chanel Pink Tonic on fingers but I've been considering getting Chanel Sweet Lilac more and more... I mean I could since it's not a big beauty buy, right? Tonight I might go back to Dior Wonderland on fingers, I haven't decided yet. :)

Fragrance...




A rediscovery! This week I've been enjoying The Body Shop's Oceanus which I purchased two years ago. Sadly it appears to have been discontinued. It's a fresh summery fragrance with good staying power over which I can use a little Diptyque Do Sun during the day. I mean look at it, just the color is refreshing!

Icaria's Food Blog...

I posted two new recipes! My perfect pizza dough and a the basics for a delicious Frittata. I hadn't posted anything new since last august, in fact these were my ninth and tenth posts. Catherine asked me recently how to prepare the frittata so knowing where to find the how too maybe she'll get inspired and start cooking! You can have a look at them, here. :)

For your viewing enjoyment...

First up an article from Vogue's international editor Suzy Menkes, Pucci dresses up Florence's Baptistery. Now that I would love to see in person!




Since I mentioned my bronzers I thought it would be fun to see this entry by Guerlain. I personally don't use Joli Teint but my Terracotta, I use practically every single day! If you don't know how to apply bronzer this is an excellent tutorial.




Have a great week everyone, hope you can stay cool! Hélène xoxo



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...